TIDN (The Inferno Dot Net)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

FCD vs NE Revolution 06/04/2011

Go down 
+5
GraceTX
Raqin
Hammer
Jagle
The Inferno
9 posters
AuthorMessage
The Inferno

The Inferno

FCD vs NE Revolution 06/04/2011  Empty
PostSubject: FCD vs NE Revolution 06/04/2011    FCD vs NE Revolution 06/04/2011  Empty6/4/2011, 10:49 pm

So who was FCD's MVP v The Revolution?

Well with 51% of the vote it was Marvin Chavez!
Congratulations Marvin on a great performance and securing FCD the valued 3 points!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-inferno.net
Jagle

Jagle

PostSubject: Re: FCD vs NE Revolution 06/04/2011    FCD vs NE Revolution 06/04/2011  Empty6/4/2011, 11:16 pm

The Inferno wrote:
OK... gates are open, so have your say...

Don't forget to vote for your MVP at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I wonder if the newbies are aware of what a treat that game was.

Apologies to Brenda, who I raked with the red drum.
Back to top Go down
Hammer

Hammer

PostSubject: Re: FCD vs NE Revolution 06/04/2011    FCD vs NE Revolution 06/04/2011  Empty6/4/2011, 11:31 pm

I was an awesome game for certain. Great to get 3 points and inch closer to the Supporters Shield. How unlucky was Brek not getting a goal tonight? He certainly put the moves on the Revs, but it wasn't his game.

I am just watching the replay and Castillo did NOT have any intent against Reese in the 64th minute! I had to laugh, because our guys looked so small compared to the Revs defensive backs LOL! Brek came storming in to the rescue though. We really do have a great team!!! Chavez' goal was simply superb!!

It was great to see some new Inferno Members stepping up tonight too... keep up the great work guys!
Back to top Go down
Raqin

PostSubject: Re: FCD vs NE Revolution 06/04/2011    FCD vs NE Revolution 06/04/2011  Empty6/4/2011, 11:45 pm

Created tons of chances, but for some friggin reason it was awful tough for certain guys to get a shot off... and when we did get a shot, the clearest chances were not on target. Great interchanges with brek, chavez, castillo, jacobson. Jacobson's best game ever for me. Chavez - outstanding goal - what a take-on and what a shot. Soares and Cochrane are useless, by the way
Back to top Go down
Raqin

PostSubject: Re: FCD vs NE Revolution 06/04/2011    FCD vs NE Revolution 06/04/2011  Empty6/4/2011, 11:53 pm

also, ffs, the crosses in were maddeningly predictable - coming in from the right aiming for shea, but would go straight in between castillo and shea right onto alston's big stupid head. when we resort to those kinds of crosses, we are so often ineffective. quick ground passes and through balls are where we shine, but sometimes in and around the 18 we stop making one-twos and diagonals - too many people standing around. must extend midfield creativity into the box more often and more quickly. great game though. we made an already lackluster new england look old and asleep.
Back to top Go down
GraceTX

GraceTX

PostSubject: Re: FCD vs NE Revolution 06/04/2011    FCD vs NE Revolution 06/04/2011  Empty6/5/2011, 12:31 am

I had so much fun. How awesome were those two little boys on the drum? At least one of them played with me for the entire second half. Their mom said they were so excited and will probably be talking about it all week.

Jagle, no worries about the drum. It just scraped across my arm and didn't draw blood so I'm good.
Back to top Go down
gwar0127

gwar0127

PostSubject: Re: FCD vs NE Revolution 06/04/2011    FCD vs NE Revolution 06/04/2011  Empty6/5/2011, 8:03 am

GraceTX wrote:
I had so much fun. How awesome were those two little boys on the drum? At least one of them played with me for the entire second half. Their mom said they were so excited and will probably be talking about it all week.

At halftime the telecast showed a boy playing the drum.

Nine consecutive unbeaten!
Back to top Go down
Jagle

Jagle

PostSubject: Re: FCD vs NE Revolution 06/04/2011    FCD vs NE Revolution 06/04/2011  Empty6/5/2011, 9:57 am

GraceTX wrote:

Jagle, no worries about the drum. It just scraped across my arm and didn't draw blood so I'm good.

Who was that guy who was on the drums with me at the beginning? He had such good feel for when to stop drumming and let the group chant. Very early in the game he called off the drums and everyone clapped while I played the back of the bleachers with my sticks. The effect was pure soul. Certainly it blew away the notion that two or three large drum are overkill.

Has anyone ever asked any of the players if they hear us on the field?
Back to top Go down
Hammer

Hammer

PostSubject: Re: FCD vs NE Revolution 06/04/2011    FCD vs NE Revolution 06/04/2011  Empty6/5/2011, 2:37 pm

I have had Danny and George John both say how much the drums and chanting can lift them when times are tough. I am sure they don't here anything when they are concentrating on the game at hand but our collective voice is needed and very much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Hammer

Hammer

PostSubject: Re: FCD vs NE Revolution 06/04/2011    FCD vs NE Revolution 06/04/2011  Empty6/5/2011, 6:15 pm

Back to top Go down
GraceTX

GraceTX

PostSubject: Re: FCD vs NE Revolution 06/04/2011    FCD vs NE Revolution 06/04/2011  Empty6/5/2011, 10:04 pm

Jagle wrote:
[Who was that guy who was on the drums with me at the beginning? He had such good feel for when to stop drumming and let the group chant. Very early in the game he called off the drums and everyone clapped while I played the back of the bleachers with my sticks. The effect was pure soul. Certainly it blew away the notion that two or three large drum are overkill.

Has anyone ever asked any of the players if they hear us on the field?

That was Daniel. I'm not sure why he stopped playing. I wasn't going to play the drums because I hurt my neck and shoulder last week, but I felt like I needed to pitch in when I saw him stop. I thought the group sounded really good then (before I got there).

As for the players, I know Bobby Rhine has said in the past that the group chants have really helped them when he was a player.
Back to top Go down
Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer

PostSubject: Re: FCD vs NE Revolution 06/04/2011    FCD vs NE Revolution 06/04/2011  Empty6/6/2011, 1:01 pm

I know it goes against the organized swearing thing, but the Yankee Doodle chant was greatness.
Back to top Go down
Tex-Micks

Tex-Micks

PostSubject: Re: FCD vs NE Revolution 06/04/2011    FCD vs NE Revolution 06/04/2011  Empty6/6/2011, 1:17 pm

That was a great game with a great atmosphere. We should have scored at least three but that's the way it goes sometimes. I will gladly take the three points. It was good to see Tex Hooper come into the section and interact with the supporters. The kids playing the drums was great

On a side note the security guard with the ginger/blonde goatee who came over to our section towards the end of the game is a complete twat and has no love for vocal supporters.
Back to top Go down
Hammer

Hammer

PostSubject: Re: FCD vs NE Revolution 06/04/2011    FCD vs NE Revolution 06/04/2011  Empty6/6/2011, 5:42 pm

Tex-Micks wrote:
On a side note the security guard with the ginger/blonde goatee who came over to our section towards the end of the game is a complete twat and has no love for vocal supporters.

I didn't see him... and I usually have a good eye for them LOL! Don't let em bother you... they haven't got a clue [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.], except for Mike. Mike is a good guy and always takes our side.
Back to top Go down
mogar

mogar

PostSubject: Re: FCD vs NE Revolution 06/04/2011    FCD vs NE Revolution 06/04/2011  Empty6/6/2011, 10:12 pm

Loved the action up front, the combo that Schellas has been starting with Chavez/Castillo/Shea/etc. is really working out. Backline was solid too, i only ever got the sense that NE had a good chance of scoring at one point the whole game. the rest of the time it felt like the boys were taking it to them and dictating the pace and such. pretty good game, glad to see us get the 3 and edge closer to LA, who will hopefully suffer without Landon while he's at the Gold Cup. (even though i will be rooting for them at said Cup Razz)
Back to top Go down
Raqin

PostSubject: Re: FCD vs NE Revolution 06/04/2011    FCD vs NE Revolution 06/04/2011  Empty6/7/2011, 12:24 am

mogar wrote:
Loved the action up front, the combo that Schellas has been starting with Chavez/Castillo/Shea/etc. is really working out. Backline was solid too, i only ever got the sense that NE had a good chance of scoring at one point the whole game. the rest of the time it felt like the boys were taking it to them and dictating the pace and such. pretty good game, glad to see us get the 3 and edge closer to LA, who will hopefully suffer without Landon while he's at the Gold Cup. (even though i will be rooting for them at said Cup Razz)

Amen brother
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FCD vs NE Revolution 06/04/2011    FCD vs NE Revolution 06/04/2011  Empty

Back to top Go down

FCD vs NE Revolution 06/04/2011
Page 1 of 1