HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

-=DF10=-

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gwar0127

PostSubject: -=DF10=-   8/2/2011, 7:41 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
gwar0127

PostSubject: Re: -=DF10=-   8/9/2011, 4:33 pm

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Warren
Go wheels-off with other FCD supporters! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Hammer

PostSubject: Re: -=DF10=-   8/9/2011, 5:46 pm

David Ferriera on fcdallas.com wrote:
I hope that the fans will continue to support the team, because with their support the team will go far. It’s very important that every Saturday or Sunday the team feels supported on the field, and hopefully this year we can give them the gift they have always wanted – a title

Love that quote David.... hope everyone is listening!

ONE VOICE - ONE INTENTION
INSPIRE - WIN!

also a member of...
RED SHAMROCK
The FCD Family Supporters Group
"All Little Bastards are F***ing Welcome!"

Back to top Go down
http://www.the-inferno.net
Jagle

PostSubject: (We never started) The Official David Ferreira Appreciation Thread   8/9/2011, 6:05 pm

Ferreira: "The recovery is going very well"
FCDallas.com sits down for an exclusive Q&A with sidelined star David Ferreira
Melanie Jarrett Exclusive to FCDallas.com August 9, 2011

FC Dallas star midfielder and reigning MLS MVP David Ferreira came into the 2011 season with high hopes for both himself and the club. But on April 23 in a match at the Vancouver Whitecaps, injury struck. Ferreira has been sidelined for almost four months as he recovers, but last week returned to the sidelines at training to begin his rehabilitation process.

FCDallas.com sat down for an exclusive interview with the star as he works to return to the playing field.

FCDallas.com: David, it’s been almost four months since your injury in Vancouver. First of all, how are you?

David Ferreira: I’m good because the recovery is going very well, and I’m glad because the team is doing well too. The results have been important for us, and I’m very happy about what is happening and hope to help the team do even more.

FCDallas.com: Last year you were the MLS MVP. How hard was it to accept this new challenge, far from what you expected the 2011 season to be like?

Ferreira: The injury has left me out for a long time, but what comes out of it is an important challenge. This is the first time that I have had a serious injury, and for me it is an important challenge because every day that passes I must try my best to recover and as soon as possible, because I’m only thinking of coming back. I imagine many things, and God willing when I’m back, I will do them with confidence to accomplish the things I have in mind.

FCDallas.com: Let’s talk about how you’ve been working to get back on the field. Can you tell us a little about your daily routine while you’ve been out?

Ferreira: At the beginning it was very difficult because I had never spent so much time off the field. It was not easy to adjust at the beginning. It was about a month and a half that were very tough for me, I didn’t even want to eat, but thanks to the support of my family and the people who love me, they gave me encouragement and strength to move forward.

Every day when I wake up I do it with more desire to get back on the field and to prepare myself for my return. The therapies I have done have been pretty good. I have to thank Josh Watts [FC Dallas head athletic trainer] for helping me with the therapies and also Michael Johnson [Performance Center]. In those times when the team was away, Josh was there with me. My recuperation has been very good and my foot has gotten a lot better, and God willing with every day that passes I can get better and get prepared to come back soon.

FCDallas.com: FC Dallas is a close-knit team. How hard has it been to be away from the team?

Ferreira: It has been quite difficult. It’s the first time that I have spent much time out, but from the outside I pray a lot for my teammates for things to work out well. And I think so far the team has performed very well and have done well individually, and it shows on the field.

I’m happy for the season the team is having. They’ve had many games in a row but they have responded well to the expectation, and that makes me very happy. That gives me a lot of strength and courage to continue to prepare because we still have a lot to do to reach our goals, and I hope I'm ready soon to help the group and continue what they have been doing.

FCDallas.com: FC Dallas is only a few points back from LA for the lead in the Supporters Shield race. Were you worried about how the team would do while you were out? And although it’s hard to watch them play from the sidelines, how rewarding has it been to see them doing well?

Ferreira: I was worried about what had happened to me, for the experience I was going through. At that time many things crossed through my mind: that I was not going to play this season, or that I was not going to play anymore. It was a very difficult time, but at the same time I felt very sad because this year I had many expectations, with many positive things in my mind, trying to repeat things I had achieved in 2010, but because of the injury I spent much of my time away from the field.

I was also quite sad because I was going to leave my teammates. I would not be sharing with them all those difficult and enjoyable times they would experience, but I’m glad they could replace my absence and that they are on the right track. It is a compact team with a very solid defense and they have accomplished the results they need, so that makes me happy and hopefully I can return soon and put my two cents in to make a stronger team.

FCDallas.com: Did you see Fabian Castillo’s goal celebration when he held up your jersey in tribute? What did that mean to you?

Ferreira: Well, it was a pretty exciting moment, a moment that I will never forget because at that time I was very sad, and when he scored the goal and showed my shirt I got goose bumps. It was exciting. I am grateful to all the support they gave me at the time because it was not easy to adjust to this. It was pretty difficult.

But as I said before, thank God and the support of my family, my friends, and the people who called me to give me enough strength. I had to find strength because I knew I was going to spend much time off the field, and their support gave me more encouragement to return even stronger, and that's what I'm doing. I’m preparing myself to be stronger mentally, trying to prepare my leg and foot so that when I return I will be 100 percent and I won’t have any fear.

All of the therapies I've done have been very good and we're on the right track, but hopefully from now on things will improve a lot and I can return. That’s what I want most, to be getting up and training every morning. I really miss the soccer ball. I tell my family that the day I return to play again with the team I will not sleep, because I will be dreaming and imagining the things I will do on the field. Hopefully that day comes soon.

FCDallas.com: How anxious are you to get back on the playing field? What have you missed the most while you’ve been out?

Ferreira: I feel like when I played my first professional game. I am very anxious. Sometimes I want to run, but now is not the time. What this team is doing is excellent, and in my head I imagine that I will score the winning goal for the MLS title. Hopefully all this imagination and enthusiasm that I have will be reflected on the day I play again, and it will be like I imagined. It doesn’t cost anything to dream, but I have faith that I will come back stronger. Hopefully I will return soon to do what I love most. But I also know that I have to be patient and not despair. The most important thing is that I can recover 100 percent and be able to return to the field and help the team.

FCDallas.com: Fans have been anxious to hear from you during this time. Any message you’d like to send to FC Dallas fans?

Ferreira: Well, thank you for the support at the time when I had the injury. I think they prayed a lot for my recovery. Also, I want to thank them for the support they have given the team, because that has been really important to them.

I am trying to recover as soon as possible, but more important is that when I do come back, I will come back very strong, and for that I know I have to be patient. I hope that the fans will continue to support the team, because with their support the team will go far. It’s very important that every Saturday or Sunday the team feels supported on the field, and hopefully this year we can give them the gift they have always wanted – a title.
Back to top Go down
Hammer

PostSubject: Re: -=DF10=-   8/9/2011, 6:18 pm

Yes we did Mike... it's called -=DF10=- and I just merged your message into it :-)

also a member of...
RED SHAMROCK

Back to top Go down
Jagle

PostSubject: Re: -=DF10=-   8/10/2011, 6:31 pm

Hammer wrote:
Yes we did Mike... it's called -=DF10=- and I just merged your message into it :-)

face palm Very alpha numeric. It went right over my head. I mean, I looked over all three pages of topics looking for his name and the word "appreciation," and I never made the connection.

Would it be possible to create a sub-category for the player threads, so that they don't get pushed down the list of topics? And I really would love to be able to add a caption beneath my avatar.

PLEEEase?

Back to top Go down
Hammer

PostSubject: Re: -=DF10=-   8/27/2011, 2:32 pm

David is at the 24-35 second mark! Thanks Justin for the info!

also a member of...
RED SHAMROCK

Back to top Go down
Jagle

PostSubject: Re: -=DF10=-   9/2/2011, 8:41 pm

Any David is better than no David.

(From 3rd Degree)

David Ferreira back jogging, return in October?
September, 2, 2011
SEP 2
1:07
PM CT

Good news perhaps for FC Dallas fans, David Ferreira has reached the phase of his rehab where he is back jogging (according to FCD). Speculation from a few people has a mid-October date being discussed as a potential return to the field date.

The question remains, however, just how much help he will be based on recovery and form? This kind of major injury can take some time to get game sharpness back, let alone real match fitness. Is it even worth disrupting the current team shape and flow to get a maybe not 100% Ferreira out there?

Perhaps it's most probable that Ferreria will begin by coming on for Ricardo Villar a time or two. Ferreira will after all need some playing time for progress to be made. Forcing him into a starting spot until he is in back fit and in form seem like something to avoid unless it's an emergency.

Villar, in my opinion, has been in terrific form and should not be dumped or shifted in the lineup just for the sake of getting Ferreira back. At least not with only a few weeks left in the season.

Ferreira, if he can get back in 100% health, which I still find unlikely by playoff time, should be a super sub scoring threat off the bench.
Back to top Go down
Jagle

PostSubject: Re: -=DF10=-   9/8/2011, 5:51 pm

X-XI. On the training field with the team on Wednesday was 2010 MLS MVP David Ferreira. The Colombian worked with FCD trainers passing and getting touches on the ball before running for an extended period of time.

“I don’t know what the exact updated time schedule is on him, but I think it’s encouraging that he’s doing more and more.

“Whether that timetable is in three weeks … or it could be five weeks, our hope is that we can have him at some point in time before we get into the playoffs.”

Schelles
Back to top Go down
Hammer

PostSubject: Re: -=DF10=-   9/25/2011, 1:39 pm

If you want to get more depressed then read 3rd Degree's article about David

3rd Degree wrote:
With FC Dallas currently in an offensive lull, some have wondered exactly when reigning MLS MVP David Ferreira might return to the lineup? FCD head coach Schellas Hyndman was asked about “El Torito” after training on Friday and had some interesting things to say.

One thing not in the quotes below is that the Soccer Sinsei said that while initially, it was thought Ferreira’s broken leg suffered on April 11 in Vancouver would take about three months to heal, after the club talked to some individuals in sports medicine who had dealt with similar injuries, they basically said six months was a starting point for someone with that injury to return. We’re almost at that six-month mark but honestly, it doesn’t look good.

also a member of...
RED SHAMROCK

Back to top Go down
Hammer

PostSubject: Re: -=DF10=-   10/14/2011, 11:10 pm

fcdallas.com wrote:
Accustomed to the scorching temperatures typical of a Dallas summer, Ferreira’s health fell as fast as the mercury in a thermometer when the team landed in Toronto ahead of the final.

“I was feeling a bit ill,” confessed Ferreira nearly a year after the match. “My body didn’t feel good, I had no strength because, when we arrived in Toronto [for the match], the cold really affected me. I played the match with a fever, a little weak.”

“When we went in at halftime, he couldn’t stop coughing,” recalled FCD head coach Schellas Hyndman. “He had a coughing spell. His throat was hurting, he was not feeling his best, the cold weather was bringing the worst out of him. But you never would’ve known what he was dealing with.”

As the centerpiece of the team and the newly crowned league MVP, Ferreira knew he had no choice but to suck it up. After all, FC Dallas’ entire season had been about battling and clawing. “Refuse to Lose” was the team’s motto, and they had used it as motivation to set an MLS-record 19-game unbeaten streak and leave favorites Real Salt Lake and mighty LA Galaxy in the playoff dust en route to the final.

also a member of...
RED SHAMROCK

Back to top Go down
gwar0127

PostSubject: Re: -=DF10=-   2/17/2012, 8:50 am

Quote :
2010 MLS MVP David Ferreira visited team doctors on Wednesday to
evaluate the progress of his fractured ankle suffered last
April. Though Ferreira has yet to appear in any FC Dallas’ scrimmages
or exhibitions this offseason, the prognosis is good for the Colombian
midfielder.

“He went to one of our doctors today and was assured that everything
is fine with his ankle and that there’s gonna be some pain,” said
manager Schellas Hyndman following the team’s 4-0 exhibition victory
over SMU on Wednesday evening. “It may never get back to the way it
was, and he may just have to understand that the pain is gonna be
there.”

“The more he plays, the less he’s gonna feel the pain,” said
Hyndman. “I think it was very reassuring for him, and his comment was
‘hey, I want to play tonight’, which we wouldn’t do. I think now he’s
at that point of saying, ‘hey, I need to get out there and play.’”

Though Ferreira has requested to return to game action, Hyndman is
unwilling to put his attacking midfielder in live action too soon. When
asked if Ferreira could see action in Saturday’s exhibition match
against the University of Tulsa, Hyndman left little room for doubt with
his answer.

“Probably not,” said Hyndman. “I think we want to build him into
training sessions where he’s going full go and teammates still know that
he’s injured rather than put him out there tonight where people don't
know he's had surgery.”

Warren
Go wheels-off with other FCD supporters! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Jagle

PostSubject: Re: -=DF10=-   3/1/2012, 9:24 pm

Smoke for David at the home opener. That's well smoken— er, spoken.
Back to top Go down
gwar0127

PostSubject: Re: -=DF10=-   3/21/2012, 4:10 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Warren
Back to top Go down
gwar0127

PostSubject: Re: -=DF10=-   4/4/2012, 4:37 pm

Quote :
FC Dallas midfielder David Ferreira will undergo surgery to repair a
small fracture in his right foot on Tuesday. The 2010 MLS MVP is
expected to miss 6-8 weeks following the procedure.

"David injured his right foot during a training match in Florida.
This is an unfortunate, un-related injury to the one he suffered last
season,” said Dr. James C Walter II, MD; FC Dallas team doctor. "This
fracture is in a bone in the back of the foot that is prone to injury in
soccer players and dancers. It causes pain with both running and
kicking. While the pain usually resolves with rest and rehab, David has
failed to progress satisfactorily with conservative, non-surgical
treatment. He and the team have elected to proceed with surgical
excision of the problematic bone."

Dr. Eugene Curry, who repaired Ferreira’s ankle last season, will
perform the surgery on Tuesday. The original ankle injury has completely
healed.

Warren
Back to top Go down
Jagle

PostSubject: Re: -=DF10=-   5/16/2012, 3:21 pm

He's back in town, getting ready to get down.

...and I need a black flag. "We must raise at once the black flag: no quarter for the violators by homes and firesides."

Barf

Why is there no emoticon for sissy referees?

I just found some. They don't really capture how I feel about referees, though.

Back to top Go down
Jagle

PostSubject: Re: -=DF10=-   5/17/2012, 10:00 pm

What we need's four king sized sheets sewn together and bearing the number 10.
Back to top Go down
Jagle

PostSubject: Re: -=DF10=-   5/24/2012, 7:01 pm

What we need when he returns is a chant for the good, the bad and the ugly.
Back to top Go down
Jagle

PostSubject: Re: -=DF10=-   5/24/2012, 7:09 pm

Jagle wrote:
What we need when he returns is a chant for the good, the bad and the ugly.

Of course, Brek has to play Blondie (the good). It's not that David has to play the role of ugly. He'll do good things, too.
Back to top Go down
Jagle

PostSubject: Re: -=DF10=-   5/24/2012, 7:14 pm

Heck, I feel like the ugly, hangin' close to death at the end shouting "BLONDIEEEE!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: -=DF10=-   

Back to top Go down

-=DF10=-
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TIDN (The Inferno Dot Net) :: FC Dallas-
Jump to: