TIDN (The Inferno Dot Net)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Official Daniel (Cap'n BAMF) Hernandez appreciation thread

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hammer

Hammer

The Official Daniel (Cap'n BAMF) Hernandez appreciation thread Empty
PostSubject: The Official Daniel (Cap'n BAMF) Hernandez appreciation thread   The Official Daniel (Cap'n BAMF) Hernandez appreciation thread Empty11/30/2011, 4:12 pm

FC Dallas re-signs veteran midfielder Daniel Hernandez to serve as player-coach under new three-year deal

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Quote :
FRISCO, Texas – FC Dallas has re-signed Daniel Hernandez to a three-year contract that will keep the veteran midfielder with the team as a player-coach, the club announced today.

Under the new deal, Hernandez will play at least one more season in red and white before transitioning to the sideline under the tutelage of head coach Schellas Hyndman.

“Daniel has been such a great leader for us in the locker room and on the field,” said Hyndman. “I’m very excited to have him back. He’s an integral part of our team. I had the pleasure of coaching him in college at SMU and I’m honored to be a part of this next transition for him and hope to pass along as much coaching knowledge as I can in the next three years. I’m sure he will excel.”

Hernandez appeared in 61 games for FC Dallas since joining the club late in 2009, wearing the captain’s armband for his final 54 games in an FC Dallas shirt. A native of Tyler, Texas, Hernandez was drafted out of SMU by the L.A. Galaxy in 1998. In his 13-year professional career, Hernandez has played 176 MLS games, starting 142 games and recording six goals and 20 assists.

From 2007 to 2009, Hernandez appeared in 37 games in the Mexican Primera Division as a midfielder for Puebla (2007), Jaguares (2008) and Necaxa (2009) before returning home to join FC Dallas.

“We all saw the impact and leadership Daniel exhibited for FC Dallas on the field, but off the field he has been heavily involved in community initiatives, running free soccer clinics for underprivileged youth, serving as an ambassador for the Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation and visiting local children’s hospitals,” said FC Dallas President and CEO Doug Quinn. “Daniel is very much a part of the FC Dallas family both on and off the field and we are fortunate to have someone like him as a key ambassador for our club for years to come.”

Hernandez and the FC Dallas Foundation are currently partnered on The Hernandez All-Stars’ Soiree next Thursday, Dec. 8. The event is benefiting the Hernandez All-Stars and FC Dallas Foundation Field. Daniel and the Foundation expect to dedicate the field located in West Dallas in the Spring of 2012. More information regarding the project will be available in January online at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
http://www.the-inferno.net

The Official Daniel (Cap'n BAMF) Hernandez appreciation thread
Page 1 of 1