TIDN (The Inferno Dot Net)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

FCD v. Charlotte Eagles watch live!

Go down 
+3
Jagle
scottishbeagle
skippysasquirrel
7 posters
AuthorMessage
skippysasquirrel

skippysasquirrel

FCD v. Charlotte Eagles watch live! Empty
PostSubject: FCD v. Charlotte Eagles watch live!   FCD v. Charlotte Eagles watch live! Empty5/29/2012, 7:28 pm

Don't forget to watch!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sorry if this has been posted... I didn't see it anywhere and thought I would :-)
Back to top Go down
skippysasquirrel

skippysasquirrel

PostSubject: Re: FCD v. Charlotte Eagles watch live!   FCD v. Charlotte Eagles watch live! Empty5/29/2012, 9:06 pm

I just realized that no one is going to see this because you're all probably at the game... Must be nice!
Back to top Go down
scottishbeagle

scottishbeagle

PostSubject: Re: FCD v. Charlotte Eagles watch live!   FCD v. Charlotte Eagles watch live! Empty5/29/2012, 10:48 pm

The beer garden sounded great. Good to see quite a few people there. The team were shocking, and even though they controlled much of the game. Just not good enough tonight. That being said we now have over 2 weeks off and if we can get a result again THEM this will be forgotten. Just not our year.
Back to top Go down
Jagle

Jagle

PostSubject: Re: FCD v. Charlotte Eagles watch live!   FCD v. Charlotte Eagles watch live! Empty5/29/2012, 11:27 pm

A lot of people want to make some kind of statement. I have suggested hanging MLS banners upside down to protest the one-sidedness of the officiating, but I'm shocked to have heard some say we should hang our team's banners upside down. Then there's the Ain'ts-like grocery bag routine, where some want to wear them on their heads.

Can't speak for the other groups, but those things are not the way of the Inferno.

I suggest we continue to display our team's colors and provide maximum support, but we should raise black flags. Black flags convey two messages: first, we kind of are tired of this shitty season and are ready to release every bitch in the kennel on MLS. In concert with that, second: the black flag means no quarter— for anyone. No more ****-ups of ours drawing red flags, and all the way to hell with everyone playing for other sides.

Shelles is in trouble. There's something in the way of playing hard that our guys are not being taught. Our guys are giving a ton of effort, but the injuries say that a lot of crap is being done to them. ****ing guys should be bouncing off of Georgie, but he's taking as much as he's giving, and more. And that's just an example.

What we need's an assistant coach of kicking ass. It's hard to believe, I know, that a guy so trained in martial arts is leaving something unschooled to his team, but Shelles seems to be.

...And leaving a sub on the bench is just weird.

Well, all we can do is be there— "same bat time, same bat channel." May all our dark knights rise.

Black, black, and more black.

Back to top Go down
scottishbeagle

scottishbeagle

PostSubject: Re: FCD v. Charlotte Eagles watch live!   FCD v. Charlotte Eagles watch live! Empty5/30/2012, 3:27 am

So what happened in the garden last myth? BG's seem upset at something regarding security etc.
Back to top Go down
GraceTX

GraceTX

PostSubject: Re: FCD v. Charlotte Eagles watch live!   FCD v. Charlotte Eagles watch live! Empty5/30/2012, 9:13 am

Some guy was cracking down on the use of the F-word. Supposedly, the FO was radio-ing security to give people warnings and kick them out if they continued to curse.
Back to top Go down
scottishbeagle

scottishbeagle

PostSubject: Re: FCD v. Charlotte Eagles watch live!   FCD v. Charlotte Eagles watch live! Empty5/30/2012, 11:01 am

They will end up driving away the most passionate and ardent supporters of their team. The FO need to sort themselves out and back off the beer garden. there has to be a reffuge where people can say what they like.
Back to top Go down
Balonpie

Balonpie

PostSubject: Re: FCD v. Charlotte Eagles watch live!   FCD v. Charlotte Eagles watch live! Empty5/30/2012, 11:12 am

scottishbeagle wrote:
They will end up driving away the most passionate and ardent supporters of their team. The FO need to sort themselves out and back off the beer garden. there has to be a reffuge where people can say what they like.

Not their demographic. This is a family entertainment business. The second Budweiser removes their sposorship, it will mean the return of the bounce house.
Back to top Go down
Keylock25

Keylock25

PostSubject: Re: FCD v. Charlotte Eagles watch live!   FCD v. Charlotte Eagles watch live! Empty5/30/2012, 11:25 am

The loss was a bad one but our supporters attitude was worse. I can understand being frustrated and angry but you never take it out on the players you support....period.

AJ came by the garden after the game drenched in sweat and in tears. He thanked us for the support and he was sorry he couldn't get the win.

Support the players that's all we do.
Back to top Go down
Balonpie

Balonpie

PostSubject: Re: FCD v. Charlotte Eagles watch live!   FCD v. Charlotte Eagles watch live! Empty5/30/2012, 11:31 am

This is nothing new. Back in 2004 Eric Quill decided to loaf through the game. Quill had some issues and decided take it on his teamates and supporters. It got ugly, so ugly that Jason Kreis decided to yell and argue with The INFERNO after the match because we were not supporting poor performance from Quill. What was worse, The INFERNO expecting more from a player or the Captain of the team berating the supporters?

Last edited by Balonpie on 5/30/2012, 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
scottishbeagle

scottishbeagle

PostSubject: Re: FCD v. Charlotte Eagles watch live!   FCD v. Charlotte Eagles watch live! Empty5/30/2012, 11:32 am

Balonpie wrote:
scottishbeagle wrote:

Not their demographic. This is a family entertainment business. The second Budweiser removes their sposorship, it will mean the return of the bounce house.

do they not see what works in other places, and what doesnt? is the budweiser sponsership being removed a realistic concern? I am still a little too "green" to know all the in's and out's of what has gone on in years past with the FO, but it just seems like they are very out of touch with what the supporters want. I really wonder if any supporters last night were complaining about language coming from the BG, or if they just wanted to put their foot down.
Back to top Go down
Balonpie

Balonpie

PostSubject: Re: FCD v. Charlotte Eagles watch live!   FCD v. Charlotte Eagles watch live! Empty5/30/2012, 11:38 am

This MLS franchise was not created for supporters in mind. The franchise is here to generate revenue that will evntually turn into proffits. The team is just a means to an end. HSG provide an entertainment product and supporters, fans and casual observers provide the revenue for said entertainment. It's all about numbers, when the supporters outnumbers the family of 4 from the suburbs then the tables will turn. Supporters are a minority... Supporters are good for photo ops, commercial etc... which why they are tolerated. (within reason)
Back to top Go down
GraceTX

GraceTX

PostSubject: Re: FCD v. Charlotte Eagles watch live!   FCD v. Charlotte Eagles watch live! Empty5/30/2012, 11:46 am

Keylock25 wrote:
The loss was a bad one but our supporters attitude was worse. I can understand being frustrated and angry but you never take it out on the players you support....period.

I think you're seeing people tired of crappy play. Let's face it, if we can't score on a minor league team with only two wins in their own league, what does that say about us? The wheels have fallen off and I'm not surprised that people are showing their frustration and disappointment. The last time this happened in 2009, we went on a winning streak and almost made it to the playoffs, but that was after people wore bags over their heads at the game and people called for Schellas to be fired.

I'm sorry to say that sometimes supporting your team isn't enough. You have to let them know that what they're producing is, as Harlan pointed out last night, unacceptable.
Back to top Go down
scottishbeagle

scottishbeagle

PostSubject: Re: FCD v. Charlotte Eagles watch live!   FCD v. Charlotte Eagles watch live! Empty5/30/2012, 11:50 am

Balonpie wrote:
This MLS franchise was not created for supporters in mind. The franchise is here to generate revenue that will evntually turn into proffits. The team is just a means to an end. HSG provide an entertainment product and supporters, fans and casual observers provide the revenue for said entertainment. It's all about numbers, when the supporters outnumbers the family of 4 from the suburbs then the tables will turn. Supporters are a minority... Supporters are good for photo ops, commercial etc... which why they are tolerated. (within reason)

thats very very sad. It just seems odd to me because its not like the rest of the stadium is full of suburban families - the stadium is sparsely attended at most matches. how do other franchises handle this balance between families and supporters?
Back to top Go down
Balonpie

Balonpie

PostSubject: Re: FCD v. Charlotte Eagles watch live!   FCD v. Charlotte Eagles watch live! Empty5/30/2012, 12:01 pm

scottishbeagle wrote:
Balonpie wrote:
thats very very sad. It just seems odd to me because its not like the rest of the stadium is full of suburban families - the stadium is sparsely attended at most matches. how do other franchises handle this balance between families and supporters?

It's avery tough balancing act. It depends on the business model that ea. franchise decides to pursuit. Seattle, Toronto and DCU business model differs from FCD in many aspects. One thing you will notice is the number of supportes is much larger that what FCD produces; therefore, the orientation of the model will be different. If SG were to fill the BG (or name your section) the approach toward ardent supporters would be diferrent. Please also remember that the behavior displayed by soccer supporters is vastly different from other sports; thus, putting security on a difficult spot. They don't know how to deal with soccer hooligans. "Fear of the unknown". The leadership of The INFERNO has been battling the FO on this very issue for a number of years. Oh how I miss the Cotton Bowl. The library side and the festive side.
Back to top Go down
scottishbeagle

scottishbeagle

PostSubject: Re: FCD v. Charlotte Eagles watch live!   FCD v. Charlotte Eagles watch live! Empty5/30/2012, 12:12 pm

Balonpie wrote:

It's avery tough balancing act. It depends on the business model that ea. franchise decides to pursuit. Seattle, Toronto and DCU business model differs from FCD in many aspects. One thing you will notice is the number of supportes is much larger that what FCD produces; therefore, the orientation of the model will be different. If SG were to fill the BG (or name your section) the approach toward ardent supporters would be diferrent. Please also remember that the behavior displayed by soccer supporters is vastly different from other sports; thus, putting security on a difficult spot. They don't know how to deal with soccer hooligans. "Fear of the unknown". The leadership of The INFERNO has been battling the FO on this very issue for a number of years. Oh how I miss the Cotton Bowl. The library side and the festive side.

on this note, was there any sort of issue to the last home game when the BG was packed and looked/sounded great? I wonder if it was something to do with the fact it was so sparse, you could hear individuals shouting stuff in the BG all the way up towards the halfway line?

I can understand (albeit not really agree with it completely) of censoring the family areas of the ground. but to censor an area where there are only adults seems insane. the FO should make a concious effort to sit families (or those with tender ears) towards the north of the stadium. make sections 108-111 a family friendly, no tolerance zone for foul language. and let the rest of the stadium do what they do.
Back to top Go down
Dana

Dana

PostSubject: Re: FCD v. Charlotte Eagles watch live!   FCD v. Charlotte Eagles watch live! Empty5/30/2012, 1:06 pm

GraceTX wrote:
Keylock25 wrote:

I think you're seeing people tired of crappy play. Let's face it, if we can't score on a minor league team with only two wins in their own league, what does that say about us? The wheels have fallen off and I'm not surprised that people are showing their frustration and disappointment. The last time this happened in 2009, we went on a winning streak and almost made it to the playoffs, but that was after people wore bags over their heads at the game and people called for Schellas to be fired.

I'm sorry to say that sometimes supporting your team isn't enough. You have to let them know that what they're producing is, as Harlan pointed out last night, unacceptable.

I'd like to point out that Schellas agreed with Harlan's comments. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
I'm disappointed in our performance. I think a fan said it best, when we
were coming off the field. He said the outcome was unacceptable. That
was an unacceptable performance by our players.
Back to top Go down
Jagle

Jagle

PostSubject: Re: FCD v. Charlotte Eagles watch live!   FCD v. Charlotte Eagles watch live! Empty5/30/2012, 2:24 pm

There was so little general attendance that the supporters could be heard in every corner of the stadium and perhaps even the lots. It was not a good night to be using profanity because whoever did was guaranteed to be heard by everyone there. That's going to draw concern from the managers every time, and rightly so.

I think they may have zeroed in on me and inadvertently blamed others for it. I know that I was so appalled that I let off a few ugly words. I apologize to anyone that it may have put in trouble.
Back to top Go down
Sweeper3
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: FCD v. Charlotte Eagles watch live!   FCD v. Charlotte Eagles watch live! Empty5/30/2012, 6:51 pm

I love Open Cup games, have ever since the Cotton Bowl days. I'm loud and often foul mouthed, and I like to be heard. And when HSG doesn't give enough of a crap about a tournament - one which is named after their father - to spend money to advertise and actually draw a crowd, I figure it is their fault that i can be heard so clearly in such a vacant cavern like FC Dallas Stadium.

I was asked during the second half to curb the F bomb, security guy was to the point and wasn't an ass about it. So I complied, no problems. I just engaged every other foul word i could come up with.

If HSG wants a 'barrier' against rude language coming from a designated, beer fueled supporter's area the solution is to sell tickets, fill the stadium and drown us out with cheers and support for the team. Short of that it's my show!!!
Back to top Go down
Jagle

Jagle

PostSubject: Re: FCD v. Charlotte Eagles watch live!   FCD v. Charlotte Eagles watch live! Empty5/30/2012, 8:34 pm

Sweeper3 wrote:
I love Open Cup games, have ever since the Cotton Bowl days. I'm loud and often foul mouthed, and I like to be heard. And when HSG doesn't give enough of a crap about a tournament - one which is named after their father - to spend money to advertise and actually draw a crowd, I figure it is their fault that i can be heard so clearly in such a vacant cavern like FC Dallas Stadium.

I was asked during the second half to curb the F bomb, security guy was to the point and wasn't an ass about it. So I complied, no problems. I just engaged every other foul word i could come up with.

If HSG wants a 'barrier' against rude language coming from a designated, beer fueled supporter's area the solution is to sell tickets, fill the stadium and drown us out with cheers and support for the team. Short of that it's my show!!!

They haven't yet walked anyone out for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FCD v. Charlotte Eagles watch live!   FCD v. Charlotte Eagles watch live! Empty

Back to top Go down

FCD v. Charlotte Eagles watch live!
Page 1 of 1