HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

de Guzman for Wiedeman

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gwar0127

PostSubject: de Guzman for Wiedeman   7/13/2012, 8:20 pm

de Guzman for Wiedeman

Quote :
FC Dallas has acquired midfielder Julian de Guzman from Toronto FC in exchange for midfielder Andrew Wiedeman, the club announced today. Per league and team policy, terms of the deal will not be disclosed.

"Julian has had a very experienced career, having played in both the German and Spanish first divisions," said FC Dallas head coach Schellas Hyndman. "He is a central midfielder, a holding midfielder and a very skillful player. He also has a lot of experience playing with the Canadian National Team. He will give FC Dallas an additional veteran that can solidify our possession style of play. He also has a bit of toughness to him that will help us win 50-50 balls and control the central midfield."

De Guzman has 56 career caps with the Canadian National Team. A 20-year-old de Guzman made his debut in a 1-1 draw with Martinique on Jan. 26, 2002. He represented Canada at the Under-20 level, competing in the FIFA U-20 World Cup in Argentina and has been a member of four CONCACAF Gold Cup squads (2002, 2007, 2009 and 2011). De Guzman was named tournament MVP in the 2007 edition of the Gold Cup.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Warren
Go wheels-off with other FCD supporters! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Jagle

PostSubject: Re: de Guzman for Wiedeman   7/13/2012, 9:12 pm

Is this a good trade?
Back to top Go down
Dana

PostSubject: Re: de Guzman for Wiedeman   7/14/2012, 7:32 am

I hate to see Wiedeman go. I wasn't too sure on de Guzman but after reading this blog from a TFC fan, I'm optimistic.

In Praise of de Guzman
Back to top Go down
goldenboytoo

PostSubject: Re: de Guzman for Wiedeman   8/12/2012, 10:28 am

So far I don't get it .... he's not played a full game yet, is not a guaranteed starter and to my mind has been largely anonymous when he has been on the pitch. How this is worth close to $2m a season is beyond me. So that'll be two for two on woeful designated player signings by Dallas then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: de Guzman for Wiedeman   

Back to top Go down

de Guzman for Wiedeman
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1