TIDN (The Inferno Dot Net)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: FCD's Journey (game & news thread)

Go down 
+12
scottishbeagle
Omar
FCDSouth
Rex Kramer
tippmann1971
ReddTrain
ElSpruceMoose
Jagle
Dana
Hammer
Speedbump Joey
gwar0127
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Squidly

CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE:  FCD's Journey (game & news thread) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: FCD's Journey (game & news thread)   CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE:  FCD's Journey (game & news thread) - Page 3 Empty8/24/2011, 10:34 pm

Hammer wrote:
Dallas dominating and winning 1-0 at the half and then the effin lighning suspends play.

Game will re-start from the bloody beginning at 9:15an Thursday morning.... SHIT!

SHIT! is right. Now I have to find a way to catch it at work!! :/
Back to top Go down
Squidly

Squidly

PostSubject: CONCACAF FCD vs. Toronto FC   CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE:  FCD's Journey (game & news thread) - Page 3 Empty8/25/2011, 10:23 am

I have to say I am incredibly dissappointed with the decision to restart our match against Toronto. I cant remember ever seeing anything like this in any other leagues. I think it is a poor decision. Anyone have any thoughts or info as to why they have decided that a restart was prefferable to resuming play from the half, 1-0?
Back to top Go down
Squidly

Squidly

PostSubject: Re: CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: FCD's Journey (game & news thread)   CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE:  FCD's Journey (game & news thread) - Page 3 Empty8/25/2011, 11:07 am

I've heard that the game was restarted according to FIFA rules. I'm reading up on em now. That seems like such an odd way to do business. LOL any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Hammer

Hammer

PostSubject: Re: CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: FCD's Journey (game & news thread)   CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE:  FCD's Journey (game & news thread) - Page 3 Empty8/25/2011, 11:13 am

Squidly wrote:
I've heard that the game was restarted according to FIFA rules. I'm reading up on em now. That seems like such an odd way to do business. LOL any thoughts?

No matter.... we just beat TFC 1-0. Furious end to the game with TFC throwing everything at us and Kevin Hartman holding the fort! Not one goal scored against us in CONCACAF.... INCREDIBLE!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-inferno.net
Hhaire

Hhaire

PostSubject: Re: CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: FCD's Journey (game & news thread)   CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE:  FCD's Journey (game & news thread) - Page 3 Empty8/25/2011, 11:28 am

What a great game we just played FCD 2-TFC0 in 135 mins played
Back to top Go down
Jagle

Jagle

PostSubject: Re: CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: FCD's Journey (game & news thread)   CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE:  FCD's Journey (game & news thread) - Page 3 Empty8/25/2011, 7:45 pm

Squidly wrote:
I have to say I am incredibly dissappointed with the decision to restart our match against Toronto. I cant remember ever seeing anything like this in any other leagues. I think it is a poor decision. Anyone have any thoughts or info as to why they have decided that a restart was prefferable to resuming play from the half, 1-0?

I remember four or five years ago, ending Game 2 of a playoff series against Colorado with the aggregate goal lead. Problem was that Game 2 ended in a tie that by rule in those days had to be broken. So we played an overtime or two, went to a shootout, got beat by a couple of points and went down. It was so unreal that even MLS agreed it was wrong, and they fixed it.

The effing game is just constipated, with FIFA and it's rules being the load and the pain. What we should hope for next is the abolishment of the summer transfer window and the ravages it takes on our league.
Back to top Go down
Hammer

Hammer

PostSubject: Re: CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: FCD's Journey (game & news thread)   CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE:  FCD's Journey (game & news thread) - Page 3 Empty8/25/2011, 11:39 pm

For those of you who worked earlier today here are highlights from CONCACAF

Back to top Go down
Squidly

Squidly

PostSubject: Re: CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: FCD's Journey (game & news thread)   CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE:  FCD's Journey (game & news thread) - Page 3 Empty8/26/2011, 12:38 am

I must give MAD PROPS to Toronto's site for having a live stream for us unfortunate enough to be lacking the ability to watch our Hoopers take it to the Canadians, eh. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gwar0127

gwar0127

PostSubject: Re: CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: FCD's Journey (game & news thread)   CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE:  FCD's Journey (game & news thread) - Page 3 Empty8/26/2011, 8:20 am

Jagle wrote:
The effing game is just constipated, with FIFA and it's rules being the load and the pain. What we should hope for next is the abolishment of the summer transfer window and the ravages it takes on our league.

The European leagues have to deal with the same problems in the winter transfer window.

If you want, we can have things return to the old way, when our players could be purchased anytime in the year.
Back to top Go down
Jagle

Jagle

PostSubject: Re: CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: FCD's Journey (game & news thread)   CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE:  FCD's Journey (game & news thread) - Page 3 Empty8/26/2011, 9:33 am

gwar0127 wrote:
Jagle wrote:

The European leagues have to deal with the same problems in the winter transfer window.

If you want, we can have things return to the old way, when our players could be purchased anytime in the year.

They don't want the players we can afford.

I want to be able to keep our teams together through a full season. That's means at least realigning the windows so that we can't draw from them in the middle of their wars and vice versa. particularly when they can afford to throw what are pennies for them and have our guys go gaga over it.

2 million dollars. Our season may be robbed from us for two million dollars. The EPL must laugh their asses off.
Back to top Go down
Keylock25

Keylock25

PostSubject: Re: CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: FCD's Journey (game & news thread)   CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE:  FCD's Journey (game & news thread) - Page 3 Empty8/26/2011, 11:04 am

I think it gives credibility to the league that others are willing to purchase our investment. It also shows a great deal of respect that Dallas is willing to make a deal and invest in the academy rather than deal, and buy a retired European footballer. I think Dallas is placing the seeds of a Dynasty rather than a one hitter quitter (hello LA).

Most of us....myself included want that championship NOW....but building the pipeline of continued success is more important. I think the issue of George John leaving hurts, but it gives everyone the opportunity to step up their game and become even stronger.
Back to top Go down
gwar0127

gwar0127

PostSubject: Re: CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: FCD's Journey (game & news thread)   CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE:  FCD's Journey (game & news thread) - Page 3 Empty8/26/2011, 4:20 pm

Keylock25 wrote:
Most of us....myself included want that championship NOW....but building the pipeline of continued success is more important. I think the issue of George John leaving hurts, but it gives everyone the opportunity to step up their game and become even stronger.

This.
Back to top Go down
Hammer

Hammer

PostSubject: Re: CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: FCD's Journey (game & news thread)   CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE:  FCD's Journey (game & news thread) - Page 3 Empty8/27/2011, 12:41 am

This video shows the superb goal by Jackson on Wednesday evening before the game was rescheduled due to the adverse weather conditions.

Back to top Go down
Hammer

Hammer

PostSubject: FCD v FC Tauro 09/13/2011   CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE:  FCD's Journey (game & news thread) - Page 3 Empty9/13/2011, 6:28 pm

See what Schellas, Villar, and John have to say about our game.

Back to top Go down
Hammer

Hammer

PostSubject: FCD v FC Tauro 09/13/2011 -- Robbed by the Ref!   CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE:  FCD's Journey (game & news thread) - Page 3 Empty9/14/2011, 10:46 pm

A lot of times we complain about a game being robbed of result by poor officiating this year. Well, here was another. After a great combination from Jackson to Cruuuuuuuzzzzzz to put FCD 1-0 up just 27 seconds into the game (a CONCACAF record I think), it looked like we were gonna get the 3 points. The Referee had other ideas.

We played the Panamanian olympic diving team tonight, and the ref fell for every move. To add insult to injury, a George John goal was called back for being offside.... bull squit!!! He was a full yard ONSIDE. So tonight's game... we were robbed again Barf

Thanks to the few Inferno who came out tonight and cheered and sang the whole game. BTW... great Bobby Rhine tribute in minute 19... what did we sing Warren??? Right: "Bobby, Bobby, Bobby... Oy, oy, oy!" then "We love you Bobby, we do! We love you Bobby, we Do! We love you Bobby, we do! Oh Bobby we love you!" I can't remember! Brenda and Gina did a great job on the armbands too!

PRE GAME VS PUMAS...

Last edited by Hammer on 9/21/2011, 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ihatehouston

ihatehouston

PostSubject: FCD v PUMAS   CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE:  FCD's Journey (game & news thread) - Page 3 Empty9/20/2011, 9:01 pm

Anyone got an extra ticket or should i get one from the FO?
Back to top Go down
Jagle

Jagle

PostSubject: Re: CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: FCD's Journey (game & news thread)   CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE:  FCD's Journey (game & news thread) - Page 3 Empty9/21/2011, 11:26 am

I don't even have a ticket for myself, yet.

Will the FO sell seats in the entire stadium, that's the question.
Back to top Go down
scottishbeagle

scottishbeagle

PostSubject: Re: CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: FCD's Journey (game & news thread)   CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE:  FCD's Journey (game & news thread) - Page 3 Empty9/21/2011, 11:39 am

judging by the attendance at last weeks game, I would be shocked if they open up anything other than the one stand. official stat says 3,001 people there, which I find very generous indeed! wonder if there will be many more tonight?
Back to top Go down
Keylock25

Keylock25

PostSubject: Re: CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: FCD's Journey (game & news thread)   CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE:  FCD's Journey (game & news thread) - Page 3 Empty9/21/2011, 12:10 pm

From what I gather from the spanish media this is going to be a big game, for most people a chance to see Pumas. I think Big D soccer had a link for $12 tickets with the FCD code entered.
Back to top Go down
ihatehouston

ihatehouston

PostSubject: Re: CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: FCD's Journey (game & news thread)   CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE:  FCD's Journey (game & news thread) - Page 3 Empty9/21/2011, 12:32 pm

scottishbeagle wrote:
judging by the attendance at last weeks game, I would be shocked if they open up anything other than the one stand. official stat says 3,001 people there, which I find very generous indeed! wonder if there will be many more tonight?

Last week was a panamian(?) team and this week is a Mexican team, we should break 10000 easily
Back to top Go down
scottishbeagle

scottishbeagle

PostSubject: Re: CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: FCD's Journey (game & news thread)   CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE:  FCD's Journey (game & news thread) - Page 3 Empty9/21/2011, 1:20 pm

ihatehouston wrote:
scottishbeagle wrote:

Last week was a panamian(?) team and this week is a Mexican team, we should break 10000 easily

yup, thats a good point - FCD fans may be in the minority!
Back to top Go down
ihatehouston

ihatehouston

PostSubject: Re: CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: FCD's Journey (game & news thread)   CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE:  FCD's Journey (game & news thread) - Page 3 Empty9/21/2011, 1:31 pm

scottishbeagle wrote:
ihatehouston wrote:
scottishbeagle wrote:

yup, thats a good point - FCD fans may be in the minority!

Nothing new
Back to top Go down
Dana

Dana

PostSubject: Re: CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: FCD's Journey (game & news thread)   CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE:  FCD's Journey (game & news thread) - Page 3 Empty9/21/2011, 4:02 pm

Since this ticket isn't part of the STH package in the supporters section, you need to get a ticket thru other means.

Kevin sent along the following link for tickets to the game:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]=

You can print the ticket from your computer.

Offer code is: FCD
Back to top Go down
Squidly

Squidly

PostSubject: Re: CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: FCD's Journey (game & news thread)   CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE:  FCD's Journey (game & news thread) - Page 3 Empty9/21/2011, 7:48 pm

How bout those chingasos in the 40th minute? LOL PUMA HEADBUTT!
Back to top Go down
scottishbeagle

scottishbeagle

PostSubject: Re: CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: FCD's Journey (game & news thread)   CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE:  FCD's Journey (game & news thread) - Page 3 Empty9/21/2011, 9:54 pm

never looked like getting anything from the game IMO. every time the ball got played down either wing, there was no one in the middle. Same when Kevin punted the ball forward to a single FC Dallas player. If he wins the header, then what? 4 or 5 Pumas are there top mop it up under no pressure. Looked like a team playing for a draw. Hoping we sort this slump out before the playoffs!
Back to top Go down
Hammer

Hammer

PostSubject: Re: CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: FCD's Journey (game & news thread)   CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE:  FCD's Journey (game & news thread) - Page 3 Empty9/21/2011, 10:40 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: FCD's Journey (game & news thread)   CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE:  FCD's Journey (game & news thread) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: FCD's Journey (game & news thread)
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next