TIDN (The Inferno Dot Net)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

FC Dallas WPSL 2012 Season

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dana

Dana

FC Dallas WPSL 2012 Season Empty
PostSubject: FC Dallas WPSL 2012 Season   FC Dallas WPSL 2012 Season Empty5/14/2012, 2:25 pm

Here's the full schedule for the WPSL season. I'll update as the season progresses.

Date Time Home Team Result Away Team Location FCD Goal Scorers
Sat, May 12 2:00 PM FC Dallas 8-0 FC Austin FC Dallas Complex - Dr. Pink Nogueira (3), Briggs, Higgins, Young, Hanks, Mendoza
Fri, June 01 7:30 PM FC Austin 0-1 FC Dallas Mc Master's Field,
Georgetown, TX
Shipley
Sun, June 03 1:00 PM FC Dallas 5-0 Houston South Select FC Dallas Complex - Dr. Pink Young (2), Briggs (2), Watson
Fri, June 8 7:30 TFC 1-8 FC Dallas McKinney Boyd HSBriggs (3), Young (3), Hoffman, Higgins
Sun, June 10 1:00 PM FC Dallas 9-1 West Texas Pride FC Dallas Complex - Dr. Pink Ibewuike, Stoner, Briggs (2), Davenport, Smith, Flanagan, Currie, Ludlow
Sat, June 16 7:30 PM Houston Aces 1-2 FC Dallas The Berry Center,
Cypress, TX
Ibewuike, OG
Sun, June 17 2:00 PM Houston South Select 1-2 FC Dallas San Jacinto College,
Houston, TX
Stoner (2)
Fri, June 22 7:00 PM FC Dallas Tulsa Spirit FC Dallas Complex - Dr. Pink
Fri, June 29 7:30 PM Oklahoma Football Club FC Dallas Edmond Soccer Club #4,
Edmond, OK
Frid, July 6 7:30 PM FC Dallas Houston Aces FC Dallas Complex - Dr. Pink
Sat, July 07 3:30 PM American Eagles Soccer Club FC Dallas Univ. of Dallas-Irving,
Irving, TX
Frid, July 13 7:00 PM Fort Worth Panthers FC Dallas TCU Garvey-Rosenthal Soccer Stadium,
Fort Worth, TX
Sun, July 15 TBD FC Dallas TFC FC Dallas Complex - Dr. Pink

Contact Kevin Lindstrom to get a pass for the remaining home games. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 469-365-0048 Otherwise, tickets are $6 on the day of game at the Dr. Pink box office.

Last edited by Dana on 6/25/2012, 6:22 am; edited 14 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dana

Dana

PostSubject: Re: FC Dallas WPSL 2012 Season   FC Dallas WPSL 2012 Season Empty5/14/2012, 2:31 pm

Saturday, May 12 Game Recap

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Dana

Dana

PostSubject: Re: FC Dallas WPSL 2012 Season   FC Dallas WPSL 2012 Season Empty5/22/2012, 3:22 pm

Updated the schedule above and wanted to give a heads up about a FB page I created for the team to try to help get word out about the games so give it a like if you're so inclined:

Back to top Go down
Hammster

Hammster

PostSubject: Re: FC Dallas WPSL 2012 Season   FC Dallas WPSL 2012 Season Empty5/28/2012, 1:00 am

Dana wrote:
Updated the schedule above and wanted to give a heads up about a FB page I created for the team to try to help get word out about the games so give it a like if you're so inclined:

Done! Very Happy

Given that both teams are run by the same office, did anyone at said office consider the possibility of having one bus detour to Cypress for WPSL at Houston Aces, after MLS at Houston Dynamo?
Back to top Go down
Dana

Dana

PostSubject: Re: FC Dallas WPSL 2012 Season   FC Dallas WPSL 2012 Season Empty6/3/2012, 4:28 pm

It was rather toasty out at Dr. Pink this afternoon.

Our women looked good as they cruised to a 5-0 win over Houston!

They play patiently and creatively. It's fun to watch.

Hope more people can make it out to the games.
Back to top Go down
Jagle

Jagle

PostSubject: Re: FC Dallas WPSL 2012 Season   FC Dallas WPSL 2012 Season Empty6/3/2012, 7:28 pm

Dana wrote:
It was rather toasty out at Dr. Pink this afternoon.

Our women looked good as they cruised to a 5-0 win over Houston!

They play patiently and creatively. It's fun to watch.

Hope more people can make it out to the games.

We could see them in Houston if the leagues would swap their start times and add about half an hour.
Back to top Go down
Dana

Dana

PostSubject: Re: FC Dallas WPSL 2012 Season   FC Dallas WPSL 2012 Season Empty6/14/2012, 9:30 am

Updated the initial post with results from this past weekend.

Back to top Go down
Dana

Dana

PostSubject: Re: FC Dallas WPSL 2012 Season   FC Dallas WPSL 2012 Season Empty6/20/2012, 3:26 pm

Two wins for the women down in Houston this past weekend. They didn't take a full roster down so the results were closer than some other games.

Both games were 2-1 wins!

Friday was a 1-0 win.

Saturday was 2-1.

Last edited by Dana on 6/20/2012, 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Got a revision from Stoner on the scorelines. She also got the assist on Friday's goal.)
Back to top Go down
Dana

Dana

PostSubject: Re: FC Dallas WPSL 2012 Season   FC Dallas WPSL 2012 Season Empty7/20/2012, 10:11 pm

Gah! WPSL make it so hard to support/promote it's league.

Found out tonight that our ladies, who won the division, aren't going to WPSL's Championship Weekend in Pensacola, FL next weekend.

Oklahoma FC has been named as the representative from the Big-Sky South division. According to their twitter account FCD forfeited the playoff game that was supposed to happen on Dr. Pink tomorrow. I know this is a crock of crap as several of the players have messaged me that they were pumped to play and were angry when they were told that Oklahoma was going to Pensacola.

Win the division 4 points clear and get the shaft by the league.

I'm still absolutely enraged by this news.

All that being said, the standings don't lie and FC Dallas WPSL is the 2012 WPSL Big-Sky South Champs! The league can't take that from them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Just look at that goal differential! They were insanely good and entertaining to watch once again this season!
Back to top Go down
gwar0127

gwar0127

PostSubject: Re: FC Dallas WPSL 2012 Season   FC Dallas WPSL 2012 Season Empty7/21/2012, 11:34 pm

Dana, let us know if you find out why the FCD ladies were frozen out of the final.
Back to top Go down
Dana

Dana

PostSubject: Re: FC Dallas WPSL 2012 Season   FC Dallas WPSL 2012 Season Empty7/26/2012, 9:51 am

Here's the rundown of what happened.

I'm friends with several players on fb and started getting messages from them on Friday 7/20 about how they were just informed that basically the league changed the rules last minute because the Oklahoma FC folks were bitching and moaning about not being given a chance to go.

After I did a bit of poking and prodding, whomever is running the @FCDwomen twitter account revealed what had occurred.

At the AGM in January, it was told to all teams that the ONLY chance you would have to advance to the championship weekend was by winning your conference. So that's what FCD focused on and they did. They are the Big Sky - South champions.

Now since WPSL has 10 divisions, not all can send a team to the championship weekend, which is the semis (4 teams) and final match.

So FCD should have earned the right to face the champion from another division. I'm not clear on which one it should have been. The @FCDwomen tweeted that it should have been the Big Sky - North. This team is Salt Lake United. Which is odd because they're going to be at the championship weekend. I guess they lobbed them over in the Western Conference and they beat two teams in Cali to go.

But I digress...back on track:

Apparently with 2 games left in the season, WPSL informed FCD that they would have to go through a 3 team elimination from within our conference. FCD asked why they were being forced to face one of two teams they had already eliminated by winning the conference. WPSL told them they had to go this route. FCD refused to play a team they had already eliminated from contention. WPSL took the stance that they forfeited the match and is sending Oklahoma FC in their place.

I'm not sure if FCD will be able to mend fences after this one. Will be interesting to see if they field a team next season.

I'm hoping the W-League looks to expand into this area.
Back to top Go down
Dana

Dana

PostSubject: Re: FC Dallas WPSL 2012 Season   FC Dallas WPSL 2012 Season Empty7/26/2012, 10:04 am

I earnestly believe our FO on this one. Knowing the coaches and players, they would never have forfeited a game willingly if they were to face who they should have.

Just typing this all up, I got pissed off all over again.

These women deserve a better treatment than WPSL is giving them.
Back to top Go down
Keylock25

Keylock25

PostSubject: Re: FC Dallas WPSL 2012 Season   FC Dallas WPSL 2012 Season Empty7/26/2012, 10:35 am

Totally agree. I have been lighting them up for what they did. Just crazy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FC Dallas WPSL 2012 Season   FC Dallas WPSL 2012 Season Empty

Back to top Go down

FC Dallas WPSL 2012 Season
Page 1 of 1