TIDN (The Inferno Dot Net)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

FCD @ Houstank 05/28/2011

Go down 
+10
Fudd
Tex-Micks
Dana
FCDSouth
PhilaDallas
Arsenal
Hammer
GraceTX
ReddTrain
Stormchaser
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Hammer

FCD @ Houstank 05/28/2011  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FCD @ Houstank 05/28/2011    FCD @ Houstank 05/28/2011  - Page 2 Empty5/29/2011, 9:17 pm

I agree. Publicity is good, but I really didn't like this being so contrived. A rivalry should be stoked by the fans, not a marketing officer from either or both teams. I doubt it added any bums on seats. What it did do is make the people who already hate eachother, get a little more hatred lit up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-inferno.net
Hammer

Hammer

PostSubject: Re: FCD @ Houstank 05/28/2011    FCD @ Houstank 05/28/2011  - Page 2 Empty5/30/2011, 1:49 am

Some photos of the roadtrip have now been uploaded to Facebook and our webpage at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
FCDvictory

PostSubject: Re: FCD @ Houstank 05/28/2011    FCD @ Houstank 05/28/2011  - Page 2 Empty5/30/2011, 11:22 am

Janice wrote:
Don't think that I have any inside knowledge about this (seriously), but I am pretty sure that the FCD marketing goons sent that banner down there and houston marketing goons put it up for them. They are all trying to sell tickets to games....

Seats looked pretty empty from the broadcast....
Back to top Go down
Hammer

Hammer

PostSubject: Re: FCD @ Houstank 05/28/2011    FCD @ Houstank 05/28/2011  - Page 2 Empty5/30/2011, 11:31 am

There were certainly less than when we were there last year. I was talking to security before the game and he said that we were going to have to move to the front of the section as this was going to be a sell out! WRONG! I brought it up to him after the game and he just laughed.

Plus their supporters section is half the size it was last year. They put all three groups (Texian Army, El Battalion, and El Bateria) all together, and they were smaller, but still very loud. I did manage to get a close up photo of one of the Dynamo fans that came near our section. I waved a $1 at her and said how much! The Houston cop told me I crossed the line by saying that, and I replied "I guess I should have offered her $5?"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Arsenal

Arsenal

PostSubject: Re: FCD @ Houstank 05/28/2011    FCD @ Houstank 05/28/2011  - Page 2 Empty5/30/2011, 11:52 am

Hammer wrote:
There were certainly less than when we were there last year. I was talking to security before the game and he said that we were going to have to move to the front of the section as this was going to be a sell out! WRONG! I brought it up to him after the game and he just laughed.

Plus their supporters section is half the size it was last year. They put all three groups (Texian Army, El Battalion, and El Bateria) all together, and they were smaller, but still very loud. I did manage to get a close up photo of one of the Dynamo fans that came near our section. I waved a $1 at her and said how much! The Houston cop told me I crossed the line by saying that, and I replied "I guess I should have offered her $5?"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now if you had posted that on Big Soccer and said she needs to spend her money on going to the dentist, the houst Barf n trolls would come over and tell you what a great supporter she is by singing her heart out at every game.
Back to top Go down
FCDvictory

PostSubject: Re: FCD @ Houstank 05/28/2011    FCD @ Houstank 05/28/2011  - Page 2 Empty5/30/2011, 3:38 pm

Hammer wrote:
If you haven't already, then go vote for this games MVP at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I don't know about you but I am very happy with the 1 point from this game. The team is coming off an incredible May and they must be tired as heck! Brek was playing solid again in my book and Warshaw did a good job standing in for an injured George John.

Dayum, the fans in Houston are a-holes!!! From the stupidity of coming into our section and taunting us ti the ABSOLUTE stupidity of trying to charge two supporters after the game, the Houstank Fans are just a bunch of dip shits!!! Kudos to FCD FO for organizing the bus down and finding a great place for us to watch the Championship Game!!!

They came in to your section? Who was it? And who charged FCD supporters after the game? Details!
Back to top Go down
Hammer

Hammer

PostSubject: Re: FCD @ Houstank 05/28/2011    FCD @ Houstank 05/28/2011  - Page 2 Empty5/30/2011, 5:18 pm

Some stupid guy charged us on the way out and the Po Po stopped him. No trouble overall, but some stupid people tried to sneak over to our section. The Houston security did a pretty good job of keeping them at arms length. Gotta say that the Houston FO were pretty obliging from start to finish.
Back to top Go down
The Inferno

The Inferno

PostSubject: Re: FCD @ Houstank 05/28/2011    FCD @ Houstank 05/28/2011  - Page 2 Empty6/3/2011, 5:21 pm

Who was FCD's MVP vs Houstank? You votes say that the MVP is...

Andrew Jacobson 45%

Ugo Ihemelu 30%
Others 25%[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jagle

Jagle

PostSubject: Re: FCD @ Houstank 05/28/2011    FCD @ Houstank 05/28/2011  - Page 2 Empty6/3/2011, 6:34 pm

[quote="FCDvictory"]
Hammer wrote:
If you haven't already, then go vote for this games MVP at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I don't know about you but I am very happy with the 1 point from this game. The team is coming off an incredible May and they must be tired as heck! Brek was playing solid again in my book and Warshaw did a good job standing in for an injured George John.

Dayum, the fans in Houston are a-holes!!! From the stupidity of coming into our section and taunting us ti the ABSOLUTE stupidity of trying to charge two supporters after the game, the Houstank Fans are just a bunch of dip shits!!! Kudos to FCD FO for organizing the bus down and finding a great place for us to watch the Championship Game!!!

Kills me already that they have to play about that hard again in July (Six games are scheduled).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FCD @ Houstank 05/28/2011    FCD @ Houstank 05/28/2011  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

FCD @ Houstank 05/28/2011
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2