TIDN (The Inferno Dot Net)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ref Rape

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jagle

Jagle

Ref Rape Empty
PostSubject: Ref Rape   Ref Rape Empty5/6/2012, 11:51 pm

What do we have to do to get a commissioner who'll discipline his referees? Don Garber should award us three points retroactively for the fiasco that was foisted on us tonight. But no, he wants to be another Sheriff Goodell, ignoring all the crap and injuries our team takes and penalizing the first guy we have who eventually retaliates. Then, one week later, he unleashes the crew from hell on us. He's got it as backwards as the NFL does for ignoring all their headaches: blinders will only end him with a greater problem on down the road.

GRR! What d'ya think the commissioner's gonna do when David comes back? Close his eyes that very game and let his crew referee like greasy-palmed potentates?

No, he already does that.

We need a new league honcho. The one we've got has worn out his welcome in all but a few cities. A concentrated drive to kick him out could succeed. I say we coordinate and move on it. We need a corner, a public one, on this site where other disaffected supporters can surf in and sign the petition to toss Don out on his derrier.

Will the site manager here please lead the way.

JMJATD (ends in donkey). I just want my team healthy for the second half, the heat on high in the oven, and then this entire league is going to get it up the @$$.

If I get hired soon, I'm going to go to Alamo Flags and have and 6X10 black one prepared. Just a straight black flag with no stripe, for the degree of quarter that's coming to MLS. I mean NONE.
Back to top Go down
Balonpie

Balonpie

Ref Rape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ref Rape   Ref Rape Empty5/7/2012, 6:49 am

Jagle,

Unlike MLB, NBA and NFL. Referees report to the Feds. United States Soccer Federation and not the commissioner. Sure, Garber may have some say but it is a moot point to address this issue.
Back to top Go down
Jagle

Jagle

Ref Rape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ref Rape   Ref Rape Empty5/7/2012, 10:38 am

Balonpie wrote:
Jagle,

Unlike MLB, NBA and NFL. Referees report to the Feds. United States Soccer Federation and not the commissioner. Sure, Garber may have some say but it is a moot point to address this issue.

Which Feds? If it's FIFA, we are screwed.
Back to top Go down
Balonpie

Balonpie

Ref Rape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ref Rape   Ref Rape Empty5/7/2012, 11:35 am

Jagle wrote:
Balonpie wrote:
Jagle,

Which Feds? If it's FIFA, we are screwed.

USSF United States Soccer Federation and yes, you are correct FIFA. FIFA's referee course is the one followed by all federations sanctioned by FIFA.
Back to top Go down
FCDSouth

Ref Rape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ref Rape   Ref Rape Empty5/7/2012, 1:08 pm

IIRC, the MLS Competition Committee does submit a document to USSF during each off season. The document contains some "basic guidelines" they'd prefer the referees to follow when working an MLS match.

So while the USSF employs, oversees and assigns the refs to all professional matches, the league does have input.

That said, I would not put too much of the problem on Mr. Garber. It's the entire Competition Committee who are at fault.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ref Rape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ref Rape   Ref Rape Empty

Back to top Go down

Ref Rape
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TIDN (The Inferno Dot Net) :: FC Dallas-
Jump to: