TIDN (The Inferno Dot Net)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The official Fabian Castillo appreciation thread

Go down 
+8
Vash
Brent
Dana
Hammer
GraceTX
Brit_1981
The Inferno
gwar0127
12 posters
AuthorMessage
gwar0127

gwar0127

The official Fabian Castillo appreciation thread Empty
PostSubject: The official Fabian Castillo appreciation thread   The official Fabian Castillo appreciation thread Empty5/18/2011, 2:36 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :

Once among the brightest of several young Mexican stars, Nery Castillo has fallen out of favor with both Mexico and Chicago, which signed him last year as a Designated Player. FC Dallas has since put its faith, and its money, in Fabian Castillo as a DP, and this week the Fire declined an option on its Castillo.

He fell from grace so fast and so far, it’s hard to comprehend the heights many had predicted for Mexican attacker Nery Castillo just a few years ago, and comparing his arc to that of recent FC Dallas signing Fabian Castillo demonstrates fully the folly of signing the wrong player at the wrong price at the wrong time.

Nery Castillo leaves the league as one of the league’s all-time DP busts. MLS loaned him to Greek club Aris in January on a five-month deal with an option to take him back, which the Fire will not do. In eight MLS games, he registered zero goals and zero assists and seldom looked the same player who lit up the Americas four years ago.

Contrast his tale to that of Fabian Castillo, an 18-year-old Colombian striker signed from Deportivo Cali in March. The flow of successful Colombian players to MLS, which had nearly dried up five or six years ago, has been restored since the arrival of Juan Toja in Dallas, which sold him to Romanian club FC Steaua Bucharest three years ago after he scored eight goals in 43 matches and made the All-Star team in 2007 and 2008.

In the cockeyed financial muddle that is MLS, Castillo’s compensation is listed at $42,000, so he’s not only the youngest (18) Designated Player in league history, he’s also the lowest paid, at least on paper in 2011. Since league rules mandate that if a player’s total acquisition costs, including salary and transfer fees, exceed $500,000 per season, it can be assumed his salary will skyrocket in the future, and/or the league paid a hefty sum – one source said it was “about” $750,000 – to get him. That’s more than the annual compensation paid to David Ferreira, who after winning the 2010 MVP award was “upgraded” to DP status and is due $705,000 this year.

In nine MLS games, Fabian Castillo has scored twice, and knifed open opposing defenses numerous times. He seems poised enough to adapt on and off the field. Despite being five years younger when he came to MLS, Fabian Castillo carries none of the personality flaws that plagued Nery Castillo after his arrival.
Back to top Go down
The Inferno

The Inferno

PostSubject: Re: The official Fabian Castillo appreciation thread   The official Fabian Castillo appreciation thread Empty5/21/2011, 4:31 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.the-inferno.net
Brit_1981

PostSubject: Castillo   The official Fabian Castillo appreciation thread Empty6/22/2011, 4:31 pm

So has anyone else heard that Castillo is gone.
Back to top Go down
GraceTX

GraceTX

PostSubject: Re: The official Fabian Castillo appreciation thread   The official Fabian Castillo appreciation thread Empty6/22/2011, 4:53 pm

You sure it's Castillo and not Jackson?
Back to top Go down
Hammer

Hammer

PostSubject: Re: The official Fabian Castillo appreciation thread   The official Fabian Castillo appreciation thread Empty6/22/2011, 5:11 pm

I haven't heard but will do some research and get back to you in about an hour
Back to top Go down
Dana

Dana

PostSubject: Re: The official Fabian Castillo appreciation thread   The official Fabian Castillo appreciation thread Empty6/22/2011, 5:23 pm

According to FCDallasBeatGuy on twitter it's Castillo. But it seems sudden since he was practicing with the team on Monday.
Back to top Go down
Hammer

Hammer

PostSubject: Re: The official Fabian Castillo appreciation thread   The official Fabian Castillo appreciation thread Empty6/22/2011, 5:32 pm

Gone for Saturday to train with Colombia. Back in a bit. No biggie.
Back to top Go down
Brent

PostSubject: Re: The official Fabian Castillo appreciation thread   The official Fabian Castillo appreciation thread Empty6/25/2011, 9:18 pm

I think he got called into a U-20 camp or something.
Back to top Go down
Hammer

Hammer

PostSubject: Re: The official Fabian Castillo appreciation thread   The official Fabian Castillo appreciation thread Empty6/25/2011, 11:23 pm

Brent wrote:

That's exactly what it was!
Back to top Go down
Vash

Vash

PostSubject: Re: The official Fabian Castillo appreciation thread   The official Fabian Castillo appreciation thread Empty7/13/2011, 8:31 pm

Hammer wrote:
Brent wrote:

That's exactly what it was!

And he made the team:

Happy for the kid but it kind of puts us in a bad spot.
Back to top Go down
Hammer

Hammer

PostSubject: Re: The official Fabian Castillo appreciation thread   The official Fabian Castillo appreciation thread Empty7/13/2011, 10:31 pm

Well we expected it, we just didn't expect Ferreira to be out. I fully expect FCD to souldier on regardless of who is playing up top. Jackson was surprisingly good last night in USOC match!
Back to top Go down
gwar0127

gwar0127

PostSubject: Re: The official Fabian Castillo appreciation thread   The official Fabian Castillo appreciation thread Empty8/5/2011, 4:45 pm

Next Colombia U-20 WC match:

Quote :
Aug. 5 in Bogota
Colombia vs. South Korea (ESPN3.com, live, 8 pm CT)
Back to top Go down
gwar0127

gwar0127

PostSubject: Re: The official Fabian Castillo appreciation thread   The official Fabian Castillo appreciation thread Empty8/9/2011, 1:33 pm

Quote :
Fabian Castillo, wearing #7, and his Colombian teammates have advanced
to the knockout stage of the U20 World Championship. Colombia has won
all there games, Castillo appearing in just one of them [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Back to top Go down
Hammer

Hammer

PostSubject: Re: The official Fabian Castillo appreciation thread   The official Fabian Castillo appreciation thread Empty8/9/2011, 3:18 pm

gwar0127 wrote:

Quote :
all there games, Castillo appearing in just one of them [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

iF HE IS TAKING SUCH A MINOR ROLE, THEN WHY ISN'T HE BACK HERE WITH US?
Back to top Go down
ReddTrain

PostSubject: Re: The official Fabian Castillo appreciation thread   The official Fabian Castillo appreciation thread Empty8/9/2011, 3:28 pm

Hammer wrote:
gwar0127 wrote:

Quote :

iF HE IS TAKING SUCH A MINOR ROLE, THEN WHY ISN'T HE BACK HERE WITH US?

He will be well-rested when he comes back. Considering FCD will be playing essentially two games a week for the next two months, that's not a bad thing at all.
Back to top Go down
Hammer

Hammer

PostSubject: Re: The official Fabian Castillo appreciation thread   The official Fabian Castillo appreciation thread Empty8/9/2011, 5:48 pm

John... rep!
Back to top Go down
Jagle

Jagle

PostSubject: Re: The official Fabian Castillo appreciation thread   The official Fabian Castillo appreciation thread Empty8/13/2011, 10:33 pm

He is officially on his way back.
Back to top Go down
Jagle

Jagle

PostSubject: Re: The official Fabian Castillo appreciation thread   The official Fabian Castillo appreciation thread Empty9/19/2011, 9:09 am

I'm so happy Fabian is back that I thought I'd bump his thread up to the top.
Back to top Go down
Keylock25

Keylock25

PostSubject: Re: The official Fabian Castillo appreciation thread   The official Fabian Castillo appreciation thread Empty9/19/2011, 11:32 am

Jagle wrote:

The need...the need for speed! TTT
Back to top Go down
Squidly

Squidly

PostSubject: Re: The official Fabian Castillo appreciation thread   The official Fabian Castillo appreciation thread Empty9/19/2011, 11:57 am

Keylock25 wrote:
Jagle wrote:

I actually submitted a question similar to this when they were doing the podcast(or whatever it was) before the game against TorontoFC(I think). They were asking for questions to ask somebody from FCD(for the life of me I cant remember who) so I submitted,

In a footrace, who would win between The Flash and Fabian Castillo? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Keylock25

Keylock25

PostSubject: Re: The official Fabian Castillo appreciation thread   The official Fabian Castillo appreciation thread Empty9/19/2011, 5:13 pm

Squidly wrote:
Keylock25 wrote:
Jagle wrote:

I actually submitted a question similar to this when they were doing the podcast(or whatever it was) before the game against TorontoFC(I think). They were asking for questions to ask somebody from FCD(for the life of me I cant remember who) so I submitted,

In a footrace, who would win between The Flash and Fabian Castillo? Very Happy

Ha!!! I remember that. I think I asked a question but it was not chosen. I would answer Castillo because of the Mohawk and no tights.
Bobby Rhine and Melanie Jarrett did the podcast. Sad
Back to top Go down
gwar0127

gwar0127

PostSubject: Re: The official Fabian Castillo appreciation thread   The official Fabian Castillo appreciation thread Empty2/18/2012, 2:49 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The official Fabian Castillo appreciation thread   The official Fabian Castillo appreciation thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The official Fabian Castillo appreciation thread
Page 1 of 1