TIDN (The Inferno Dot Net)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Official Marvin Chavez Appreciation Thread

Go down 
+2
Hammer
ReddTrain
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ReddTrain

The Official Marvin Chavez Appreciation Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Official Marvin Chavez Appreciation Thread   The Official Marvin Chavez Appreciation Thread Empty5/23/2011, 9:49 am

It's just the Gold Cup, and Honduras doesn't really have much of a chance of winning it...

...but still, it says a LOT about him. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]:

Quote :
Marvin Chavez was invited to join the Honduras national team for the upcoming Gold Cup, but with FC Dallas dealing with injuries on offense, he declined the offer. The speedy midfielder has been pressed into duty as a striker due to the loss of forwards Milton Rodriguez and Maykel Galindo and attacking midfielder David Ferreira, and without him, there would be nothing left in reserve behind Fabian Castillo and Ruben Luna.

“I hope that they understand that I must help my team right now,” Chavez, who apologized to his nation, told MLSsoccer.com. “But regrettably, my team, FC Dallas, is in a crisis with many injured players.”
Back to top Go down
Hammer

Hammer

PostSubject: Re: The Official Marvin Chavez Appreciation Thread   The Official Marvin Chavez Appreciation Thread Empty5/23/2011, 4:56 pm

That was a nasty kick to the face that he took in yesterdays game. He is such a fast player, and when him and Castillo get the communication better I am sure we will be quite incredible!
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-inferno.net
Hammer

Hammer

PostSubject: Re: The Official Marvin Chavez Appreciation Thread   The Official Marvin Chavez Appreciation Thread Empty6/10/2011, 7:34 pm

Congratulations Marvin Chavez... the Inferno's MVP against the NE Revolution on June 4, 2011

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
ReddTrain

PostSubject: Re: The Official Marvin Chavez Appreciation Thread   The Official Marvin Chavez Appreciation Thread Empty8/2/2011, 2:56 pm

Three goals combined in FCD's last two league matches - each of them contested in miserably hot conditions...and the only 3 goals FCD scored. Marvin the Honduran (that needs one fewer syllable) should be getting some love by now.
Back to top Go down
Hammer

Hammer

PostSubject: Re: The Official Marvin Chavez Appreciation Thread   The Official Marvin Chavez Appreciation Thread Empty8/2/2011, 3:11 pm

ReddTrain wrote:
Three goals combined in FCD's last two league matches - each of them contested in miserably hot conditions...and the only 3 goals FCD scored. Marvin the Honduran (that needs one fewer syllable) should be getting some love by now.

Agreed! He looks much less hesitant on the ball as of late and that is paying dividends!
Back to top Go down
The Inferno

The Inferno

PostSubject: Re: The Official Marvin Chavez Appreciation Thread   The Official Marvin Chavez Appreciation Thread Empty8/11/2011, 11:49 pm

Back to top Go down
Jagle

Jagle

PostSubject: Re: The Official Marvin Chavez Appreciation Thread   The Official Marvin Chavez Appreciation Thread Empty9/19/2011, 9:08 am

When's his national team stint going to be over? Good god, it's like letting Romo off to play for his alma mater.
Back to top Go down
Hammer

Hammer

PostSubject: FC DALLAS TRADES MARVIN CHAVEZ   The Official Marvin Chavez Appreciation Thread Empty12/17/2011, 9:33 am

FC Dallas has traded midfielder Marvin Chavez to the San Jose Earthquakes.

“Marvin was always an outstanding player and we certainly will miss him, but this move allows us to better balance our team,” said FC Dallas head coach Schellas Hyndman. “We are losing a solid player, but it’s for the overall benefit of the team. We can strengthen our team in both our back line as well as up front where we really missed having that player who could finish the plays we generated up front last season.”

The Honduran international joined FC Dallas in August 2009 on loan from CD Marathon. Chavez, who has 23 international caps, helped his native Honduras to a Copa Centroamericana title in 2011 before enjoying his best MLS season with six goals and four assists in 31 games (30 starts) for FC Dallas. In his MLS career, Chavez has appeared in 54 games, starting 43 and tallying eight goals and six assists. He netted two goals against New York on July 23 and three game-winning goals during the 2011 season.

“We hate to see Marvin go, but this move is giving us the freedom to make much-needed improvements to the whole,” said FC Dallas President and CEO Doug Quinn. “As coach said, this trade gives us the ability to sign players who will fill some pretty big gaps. If fans will be a little patient over the holidays, they can expect exciting announcements soon on moves that are going to make FC Dallas a stronger squad in 2012.”

Before joining FC Dallas, Chavez played two seasons with CD Marathon in 2008-09. He tallied 11 goals and 11 assists during that time and scored the game winner against D.C. United to propel his side into the 2008-09 CONCACAF Champions League quarterfinal.

From 2005 to 2008, the speedy winger had 23 goals and 17 assists while suiting up for his hometown club, CD Victoria, of the Honduran top division.
Back to top Go down
ReddTrain

PostSubject: Re: The Official Marvin Chavez Appreciation Thread   The Official Marvin Chavez Appreciation Thread Empty12/17/2011, 9:43 am

I'm not sure I'm capable of being rational about this.

That being said: BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer

PostSubject: Re: The Official Marvin Chavez Appreciation Thread   The Official Marvin Chavez Appreciation Thread Empty12/17/2011, 10:16 am

I'm going to withhold judgment until we find out who we're signing with the allocation money. However, I do wish we'd traded Jackson instead.
Back to top Go down
Keylock25

Keylock25

PostSubject: Re: The Official Marvin Chavez Appreciation Thread   The Official Marvin Chavez Appreciation Thread Empty12/17/2011, 12:17 pm

Rex Kramer wrote:
I'm going to withhold judgment until we find out who we're signing with the allocation money. However, I do wish we'd traded Jackson instead.

With our luck it will be Santos.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official Marvin Chavez Appreciation Thread   The Official Marvin Chavez Appreciation Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The Official Marvin Chavez Appreciation Thread
Page 1 of 1