TIDN (The Inferno Dot Net)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Newbie Question about the Local Sports News Casters

Go down 
+3
Hammer
Jagle
Stormchaser
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Stormchaser

Stormchaser

A Newbie Question about the Local Sports News Casters Empty
PostSubject: A Newbie Question about the Local Sports News Casters   A Newbie Question about the Local Sports News Casters Empty5/19/2011, 1:01 am

After pondering this for several weeks I still fail to understand why DFW News Casters do not report more on FCD. I mean really? We are the Western Conference Champs! We are in the top of the Conference. We are now chosen in the CONCACAF. We represent at least DFW which is 6 million people. We get some of the games televised locally. What gives?

Seems like the front office and The Inferno could get some of the news anchors to give FCD more coverage. Hell, Houston put up a billboard in our front yard. So my question is; Have we tried before and if so, is it time to try again?
Back to top Go down
http://www.texartnursery.com
Jagle

Jagle

PostSubject: Re: A Newbie Question about the Local Sports News Casters   A Newbie Question about the Local Sports News Casters Empty5/19/2011, 4:43 am

Stormchaser wrote:
After pondering this for several weeks I still fail to understand why DFW News Casters do not report more on FCD. I mean really? We are the Western Conference Champs! We are in the top of the Conference. We are now chosen in the CONCACAF. We represent at least DFW which is 6 million people. We get some of the games televised locally. What gives?

Seems like the front office and The Inferno could get some of the news anchors to give FCD more coverage. Hell, Houston put up a billboard in our front yard. So my question is; Have we tried before and if so, is it time to try again?

We have not only tried it, we have done it. It works, too. Here's how...
By the time the sports media honchos can cover the Rangers, the Stars, the Mavericks, TMS, Texas, Texas A&M, golf, the weekly star student athlete from our high schools, and a certain NFL team no longer recognizable as the Dallas franchise but through the dedication of their fan base, there just isn't time left even on the extended sports shows taking thirty minutes on Sunday night. Give the guys only four to five minutes on week nights and it's even less likely that you'll see FC Dallas covered. In turn, we, the team/fan coalition, fight this on three fronts: First, the team must continue to do well on the field. Second, Inferno/EM have the addresses of the producers of our local news media and we occasionally do gang up on 'em. Third, we wear our jerseys out and about town, we sport the crest on our cars, and we carry the word everywhere we go. In essence, we are the billboards.
Our leaders will let us know when to drive on WFAA, KDFW, KTVT... add all. They converse with the front office and will know when the time is right. It could be right now. Probably it will be when the season is more secure. One thing I can assure you of is this: If things work similarly to the last two years, you're going to enjoy a fan experience that does nothing but get better.
And yes, you'll see it on the news.
Back to top Go down
Hammer

Hammer

PostSubject: Re: A Newbie Question about the Local Sports News Casters   A Newbie Question about the Local Sports News Casters Empty5/19/2011, 9:06 am

I don't think I could have put it better!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-inferno.net
Balonpie

Balonpie

PostSubject: Re: A Newbie Question about the Local Sports News Casters   A Newbie Question about the Local Sports News Casters Empty5/19/2011, 10:56 am

DFW media hates soccer.
Tobias Lopez of the Star Telegram - RIP
Steve Davis of DaMN - RIP
Back to top Go down
Stormchaser

Stormchaser

PostSubject: Re: A Newbie Question about the Local Sports News Casters   A Newbie Question about the Local Sports News Casters Empty5/20/2011, 12:53 am

Well I must admit I found FCD due to the news coverage of this years opening sell out. But more media is what FCD needs.
Back to top Go down
Balonpie

Balonpie

PostSubject: Re: A Newbie Question about the Local Sports News Casters   A Newbie Question about the Local Sports News Casters Empty5/20/2011, 7:11 am

Stormchaser wrote:
Well I must admit I found FCD due to the news coverage of this years opening sell out. But more media is what FCD needs.

FCD Marketing Dept. Could use someone like you.
Back to top Go down
Arsenal

Arsenal

PostSubject: Re: A Newbie Question about the Local Sports News Casters   A Newbie Question about the Local Sports News Casters Empty5/20/2011, 10:30 am

Personally one area that I think would help, but it would largely depend on several factors, but it would be nice if Sports Authority, Academy, and Dicks would carry FC Dallas merch.
Back to top Go down
PhilaDallas

PhilaDallas

PostSubject: Re: A Newbie Question about the Local Sports News Casters   A Newbie Question about the Local Sports News Casters Empty5/20/2011, 12:57 pm

Great question from the newbie. I also agree that it would help if the local sporting goods stores carried FCD gear. When I was at one last year I asked if they had any FC Dallas stuff and the sales person said, "Huh?" Did not even know who they were. Maybe FCD giving classes (and free lunch) at the Sports Authorities and Academies. Dicks Sucks.
Back to top Go down
GraceTX

GraceTX

PostSubject: Re: A Newbie Question about the Local Sports News Casters   A Newbie Question about the Local Sports News Casters Empty5/20/2011, 1:07 pm

Dick's in Allen carries FC Dallas gear.
Back to top Go down
Stormchaser

Stormchaser

PostSubject: Re: A Newbie Question about the Local Sports News Casters   A Newbie Question about the Local Sports News Casters Empty5/20/2011, 2:17 pm

Your right merchandise will help. I think everyone emailing the news casters might make a difference especially if the Front Office gets all the fans involved. TV commercials would of course help but that is not free advertising.

We we ever got DFW fired up....what a wave we all could ride!
Back to top Go down
Arsenal

Arsenal

PostSubject: Re: A Newbie Question about the Local Sports News Casters   A Newbie Question about the Local Sports News Casters Empty5/20/2011, 6:08 pm

PhilaDallas wrote:
Great question from the newbie. I also agree that it would help if the local sporting goods stores carried FCD gear. When I was at one last year I asked if they had any FC Dallas stuff and the sales person said, "Huh?" Did not even know who they were. Maybe FCD giving classes (and free lunch) at the Sports Authorities and Academies. Dicks Sucks.

When I worked at Academy in Lewisville back in 2006, we could ask the buyers(for Academy) question about products and if we were going to get a particular product. I said I was asked by several customers if we would be getting any jerseys and I listed off a few clubs and countries. I waited a day or two before checking and the reply was no they weren't going to get any jerseys. Guess they need to save room for all their own brand clothing. face palm

Dicks at the Frisco mall had a small amount of FCD stuff, but at least it is something. I was at the Adidas store in Allen and they had just about every other MLS team, BUT FCD. Loads of Houst Shocked n training gear and I did complain. He said they were sold out of FCD gear and thinks it was just a bone head move by the powers to be.
Back to top Go down
Hammer

Hammer

PostSubject: Re: A Newbie Question about the Local Sports News Casters   A Newbie Question about the Local Sports News Casters Empty5/20/2011, 8:06 pm

GraceTX wrote:
Dick's in Allen carries FC Dallas gear.

Twisted Evil Dicks in Houston carry Dime-a-ho stuff and wear it too!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-inferno.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Newbie Question about the Local Sports News Casters   A Newbie Question about the Local Sports News Casters Empty

Back to top Go down

A Newbie Question about the Local Sports News Casters
Page 1 of 1