TIDN (The Inferno Dot Net)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener

Go down 
+15
ReddTrain
djwalker
Stormchaser
Jagle
Rex Kramer
scoreNOmore
Hammer
gwar0127
thealex2011
GraceTX
basschamp557
Keylock25
The Inferno
Hhaire
ihatehouston
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
basschamp557

24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener   24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener - Page 3 Empty3/5/2012, 5:20 pm

Rain?????
UGH!!!!!!!!!
We will have lots of canopies around the RV!
42 inch flat screen will be available for fun & games along with TV!
Bring your favorite music on the Iphone, Ipod, etc and we will hook it up to the sound system! Rock & Roll!
Back to top Go down
djwalker

djwalker

PostSubject: Re: 24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener   24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener - Page 3 Empty3/6/2012, 10:31 am

How many are planning on actually camping out overnight? Should I actually bring a tent or get a hotel?
Back to top Go down
http://davetown.tumblr.com
ReddTrain

PostSubject: Re: 24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener   24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener - Page 3 Empty3/6/2012, 11:55 am

Last year I didn't even do a tent - just a sleeping bag on the grass. That's the plan again this year...but I will have the credit card just in case that winds up not being terribly palatable.
Back to top Go down
Keylock25

Keylock25

PostSubject: Re: 24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener   24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener - Page 3 Empty3/6/2012, 4:03 pm

I will be tent or hammock camping.
Back to top Go down
basschamp557

basschamp557

PostSubject: Re: 24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener   24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener - Page 3 Empty3/6/2012, 4:07 pm

I will be RV camping! *grin*
Back to top Go down
GraceTX

GraceTX

PostSubject: Re: 24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener   24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener - Page 3 Empty3/6/2012, 4:33 pm

I will be with basschamp557. boom-chicka-bow-wow

Not really.
Back to top Go down
basschamp557

basschamp557

PostSubject: Re: 24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener   24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener - Page 3 Empty3/6/2012, 5:19 pm

GraceTX wrote:
I will be with basschamp557. boom-chicka-bow-wow

Not really.

*gasp*
I blushed when I read that! LOL!!!
Back to top Go down
Jagle

Jagle

PostSubject: Re: 24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener   24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener - Page 3 Empty3/6/2012, 10:19 pm

By mine own experience are ye warned: make not thy bivouac within one hundred yards of the beer, for ye will not sleep. There will be creatures of the night— chemically challenged clanging zombies howling for soccer, and thy tent shall become their goal.

Back to top Go down
Jagle

Jagle

PostSubject: Re: 24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener   24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener - Page 3 Empty3/7/2012, 9:01 am

More rain. State's becoming as arid as 'zona, and it decides to drop on opening day. I can't complain, though. I'm likely moving to Northern Cali-Infernia.

...or shall I call it Calinfernia? Well, it will be when enough of you join me for games out there. Once I re-earn my time off at United Airlines, I'll follow FCD all up and down the coast that's the most.

Shit! My passport is expired. No following FCD to the Whitecaps until I deal with the paperwork.
Back to top Go down
basschamp557

basschamp557

PostSubject: Re: 24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener   24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener - Page 3 Empty3/7/2012, 2:13 pm

Jagle wrote:
By mine own experience are ye warned: make not thy bivouac within one hundred yards of the beer, for ye will not sleep. There will be creatures of the night— chemically challenged clanging zombies howling for soccer, and thy tent shall become their goal.

Warning has been noted! I will have to institute a maximum number of persons in the RV to satisfy the Fire Marshall (or would that be Rain Marshall?) requirements.

GraceTX will have a pass of course! *grin*
Back to top Go down
GraceTX

GraceTX

PostSubject: Re: 24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener   24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener - Page 3 Empty3/7/2012, 2:50 pm

Okay, with hot dogs and hamburgers provided by the Allen Wickers, we're still going to need things like:

Chips
non-alcoholic drinks
Paper products (napkins, plates, cups, etc)
Charcoal for the grill
Fixins' (ketchup, mustard, mayo, relish)

and whatever else you'd like to bring for sharing.

And basshchamp557, I see what you did there. *wink*
Back to top Go down
paragiggle

paragiggle

PostSubject: Re: 24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener   24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener - Page 3 Empty3/7/2012, 9:45 pm

Jagle wrote:
More rain. State's becoming as arid as 'zona, and it decides to drop on opening day. I can't complain, though. I'm likely moving to Northern Cali-Infernia.

...or shall I call it Calinfernia? Well, it will be when enough of you join me for games out there. Once I re-earn my time off at United Airlines, I'll follow FCD all up and down the coast that's the most.

Shit! My passport is expired. No following FCD to the Whitecaps until I deal with the paperwork.
Where in Nor Cal you moving to? I grew up in a little harbor town called Crescent City.

I will be participating in the 24 hour tail gate. Smile I have work until about 5:30 and then I'll go home, get ready, and head to Frisco. Should arrive by 7:30ish. Will likely sleep in my car. Weeeeeeee!
Back to top Go down
praust

praust

PostSubject: Re: 24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener   24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener - Page 3 Empty3/7/2012, 9:55 pm

Was not expecting to go but my wife got a shift change and we scored a pair of tickets at the wickers tonight so we are super excited about going. Very Happy Anything we should bring as first time tailgaters?
Back to top Go down
Jagle

Jagle

PostSubject: Re: 24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener   24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener - Page 3 Empty3/8/2012, 8:12 am

paragiggle wrote:
Jagle wrote:

Where in Nor Cal you moving to? I grew up in a little harbor town called Crescent City.

I will be participating in the 24 hour tail gate. Smile I have work until about 5:30 and then I'll go home, get ready, and head to Frisco. Should arrive by 7:30ish. Will likely sleep in my car. Weeeeeeee!

If United does bring me back to San Francisco, I'll likely begin in Hayward and commute across the San Mateo/Hayward bridge. I should do well enough right away to live on my own out there, but I'll likely look for roomies so that I can stash away and save more money. I'd prefer to hang out in Pleasanton, Danville or San Ramon, but the drive from there would be prohibitive even in a five-guy carpool. It makes me sick that United closed its maintenance base in Oakland, where I worked before. Makes me even more sick that they closed the one in Indianapolis. That was a nice place to make $30.00 an hour eight years ago.

A lot of my stuff is packed and in storage, so I likely won't bring much extra stuff to the tailgate. I expect to fill my coolers, though. If the wind isn't too bad, I've got that newer blue awning. However, I cut my flag poles to pieces and tossed 'em in a dumpster, so I won't be flying flags. There's that and the fact that Big Austria is locked up with our stuff in the ticket office, and I can't get it out until before the game.

I hear thunder.
Back to top Go down
Jagle

Jagle

PostSubject: Re: 24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener   24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener - Page 3 Empty3/8/2012, 8:22 am

praust wrote:
Was not expecting to go but my wife got a shift change and we scored a pair of tickets at the wickers tonight so we are super excited about going. Very Happy Anything we should bring as first time tailgaters?

Wet gear and and the attitude of a mailman. Be ready to retreat to cover. We'll put up as many awnings as we can, but your vehicle will prove more sturdy.

Just a suggestion, but I feel that we should tie the awnings together and get out extra ropes and stakes to reenforce them on the windy side. So anyone bringing an awning, try to remember to bring some line.
Back to top Go down
Jagle

Jagle

PostSubject: Re: 24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener   24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener - Page 3 Empty3/8/2012, 8:32 am

basschamp557 wrote:
Jagle wrote:

Warning has been noted! I will have to institute a maximum number of persons in the RV to satisfy the Fire Marshall (or would that be Rain Marshall?) requirements.

GraceTX will have a pass of course! *grin*

I wish that I could interest my friend to drag his big camper over for the night. He says it's leaking, though.
Back to top Go down
Keylock25

Keylock25

PostSubject: Re: 24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener   24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener - Page 3 Empty3/8/2012, 10:00 am

I just hope my gear holds. Off to REI.
Back to top Go down
djwalker

djwalker

PostSubject: Re: 24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener   24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener - Page 3 Empty3/8/2012, 10:46 am

I've decided to NOT rough it. I got a room at the Comfort Suites right across the street from the tailgate grounds. I'm perfectly open to having folks use my room as a bad weather refuge and/or place to clean up on Saturday night/Sunday morning.

Mi casa su casa, in other words.
Back to top Go down
djwalker

djwalker

PostSubject: Re: 24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener   24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener - Page 3 Empty3/8/2012, 10:49 am

Oh, and I'll bring some chips and fixins for the tailgate.
Back to top Go down
basschamp557

basschamp557

PostSubject: Re: 24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener   24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener - Page 3 Empty3/8/2012, 10:56 am

GraceTX wrote:
Okay, with hot dogs and hamburgers provided by the Allen Wickers, we're still going to need things like:

Chips
non-alcoholic drinks
Paper products (napkins, plates, cups, etc)
Charcoal for the grill
Fixins' (ketchup, mustard, mayo, relish)

and whatever else you'd like to bring for sharing.

And basshchamp557, I see what you did there. *wink*

Frisco rules prohibit open fires in the parking lot. Propane grills are ok tho' I will have a propane grill and a propane burner available. Given the fact we are going to be very high profile for this tailgate I would suggest propane only this time. Check the stadium website for details on the rules.

http://pizzahutpark.com/Home/TheStadium/Parking/tabid/109/Default.aspx
Back to top Go down
GraceTX

GraceTX

PostSubject: Re: 24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener   24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener - Page 3 Empty3/9/2012, 8:32 am

Probably a good idea. Thanks basschamp.
Back to top Go down
Brad

PostSubject: Re: 24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener   24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener - Page 3 Empty3/12/2012, 6:57 am

Great beginning and end to a great game. Thanks Inferno!

24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener - Page 3 3203595661
Back to top Go down
Dana

Dana

PostSubject: Re: 24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener   24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener - Page 3 Empty3/12/2012, 7:50 am

Fantastic opening tailgate! Fingers crossed that next year we get cooperative weather. When that happens, we'll really blow the doors off that thing!
Back to top Go down
GraceTX

GraceTX

PostSubject: Re: 24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener   24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener - Page 3 Empty3/12/2012, 8:44 am

Thanks everybody who came out to make the tailgate such a success! I was worried on Saturday when we had all the rain, but y'all turned up and we were out of food by kickoff on Sunday. I am especially pleased by the last part since I'm sure I would've been the one taking that home with me after the game.

How great was that game? So glad to see the new guys really gelling with the team so I know when Ferreira is back, we'll be tough to beat.
Back to top Go down
Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer

PostSubject: Re: 24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener   24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener - Page 3 Empty3/12/2012, 5:08 pm

A few thank yous:
- The Allen Wickers for the food. Like Brenda, I thought there'd be a ton of it left, but thankfully everyone got stuck in. Much better meat than whatever the cheapest stuff Costco has would have been like too.
- Scott. Without the RV and the gas heater, the Saturday portion of the tailgate would have been absolutely miserable. It was actually surprisingly cozy in Frisco Tent City, and the TV for First Kick/FIFA was the icing on the cake.
- Everyone who joined us on Saturday, particularly those brave few who camped overnight. Also, those who turned up early Sunday morning to get everything moved over to the Blue lot.
- Andre for, as always, selflessly volunteering to get the Wedge set up.
- Oscar and whoever else manned the grill pre-game.
- Everyone who made the tailgate and game what it was - a great success!
Back to top Go down
Jagle

Jagle

PostSubject: Re: 24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener   24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener - Page 3 Empty3/12/2012, 8:25 pm

Dana wrote:
Fantastic opening tailgate! Fingers crossed that next year we get cooperative weather. When that happens, we'll really blow the doors off that thing!

...and still have to evacuate the gold lot first thing in the morning. All we really need is a set of brick outhouses built where we ended up. Hookups for for RVs should be next.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener   24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

24 Hour Tailgate for the 2012 home opener
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next