TIDN (The Inferno Dot Net)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread

Go down 
+7
raybanuk
Omar
Dana
PhilaDallas
GraceTX
gwar0127
Hammer
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jagle

The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread   The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty10/5/2011, 10:21 am

gwar0127 wrote:
Jagle wrote:
GD F EPL, throwin' in again! This sinking ship called FC Dallas might still float without any more of the shit the English league pulled on Georgie last month. But no'o, they gotta come out at Brek, well ahead of the transfer window and while our guys are hunting seriously lost soul.

What rumor are you talking about?

New reports out of Manchester. Got 'em from my brother, who follows the EPL like the Disciples did Jesus, and who is a Dallas season ticket holder of at least ten years standing. He doesn't pass bullshit, or old news. He told me the story yesterday morning, which means that he woke up to it. Probably got it off of Barclay's web site, like he got out of bed and didn't even make coffee before he booted up and checked on them.

You can believe a fan like him. The EPL is openly friggin' with our team again, and at an even more inopportune time.
Back to top Go down
gwar0127

gwar0127

PostSubject: Re: The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread   The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty10/5/2011, 11:20 am

Jagle wrote:
The EPL is openly friggin' with our team again, and at an even more inopportune time.

Welcome to FC Dallas finally becoming relevant in the soccer world.
Back to top Go down
Keylock25

Keylock25

PostSubject: Re: The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread   The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty10/5/2011, 12:49 pm

gwar0127 wrote:
Jagle wrote:
The EPL is openly friggin' with our team again, and at an even more inopportune time.

Welcome to FC Dallas finally becoming relevant in the soccer world.

There are quite a few reports of talks between the clubs for Shea to go to Chelsea, Man United, Man City, or Tottenham.

While I would hate to see him go, that's great exposure for the MLS and FC Dallas.
Back to top Go down
ihatehouston

ihatehouston

PostSubject: Re: The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread   The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty10/5/2011, 2:36 pm

gwar0127 wrote:
Jagle wrote:
GD F EPL, throwin' in again! This sinking ship called FC Dallas might still float without any more of the shit the English league pulled on Georgie last month. But no'o, they gotta come out at Brek, well ahead of the transfer window and while our guys are hunting seriously lost soul.

If i remember right it was in The Sun the other day
Back to top Go down
ihatehouston

ihatehouston

PostSubject: Re: The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread   The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty10/5/2011, 2:41 pm

Jagle wrote:

Worst friggin' thing possible for FCD, negotiations like that coming public so far ahead of when that trash can actually have Brek. He'd better stand up now and talk to the team about it. He better reassure them that he's still in here.

Then there's the fans. I know I'm so discouraged that I've yet to re-up for 2012. We want that title now, not when the window opens up in another five years.

GEEzus!

Losing Brek will hurt but it wont be the end of the world, in fact its better that talks are going on now. That way the team can start shopping for a replacement.

Besides in all honesty how long did you really think we'd have Brek for? He's a rising star on the USMNT who wants to play top level soccer, if he's still here at the end of next year i'd be shocked
Back to top Go down
Hammer

Hammer

PostSubject: Re: The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread   The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty10/5/2011, 4:55 pm

ihatehouston wrote:
gwar0127 wrote:
Jagle wrote:

If i remember right it was in The Sun the other day

The Sun is a tabloid newspaper that is famous for not telling the truth!
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-inferno.net
Jagle

Jagle

PostSubject: Re: The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread   The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty10/5/2011, 8:22 pm

ihatehouston wrote:
Jagle wrote:

Worst friggin' thing possible for FCD, negotiations like that coming public so far ahead of when that trash can actually have Brek. He'd better stand up now and talk to the team about it. He better reassure them that he's still in here.

Then there's the fans. I know I'm so discouraged that I've yet to re-up for 2012. We want that title now, not when the window opens up in another five years.

GEEzus!

Losing Brek will hurt but it wont be the end of the world, in fact its better that talks are going on now. That way the team can start shopping for a replacement.

Besides in all honesty how long did you really think we'd have Brek for? He's a rising star on the USMNT who wants to play top level soccer, if he's still here at the end of next year i'd be shocked

Read carefully. It isn't that he, George and others will go. It's the goddamn timing that is shit. We will have to suck real bad for a couple of years to reassemble a team as good as this one is when there aren't worn down to the axels. Then, when we have the guys again, it will take another year or two for them to play up to full potential. And do I have to say that we need the league title before all this star-crossed CONCACAF crap impacts them?

Grr! To hell with the EPL! To hell with CONCACAF!

What's really hurt me tonight is the death of Steve Jobs. Like I wrote my brother: It's as bad as the loss of Lennon.
Back to top Go down
gwar0127

gwar0127

PostSubject: Re: The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread   The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty10/5/2011, 9:15 pm

Jagle wrote:
Read carefully. It isn't that he, George and others will go. It's the goddamn timing that is shit. We will have to suck real bad for a couple of years to reassemble a team as good as this one is when there aren't worn down to the axels. Then, when we have the guys again, it will take another year or two for them to play up to full potential. And do I have to say that we need the league title before all this star-crossed CONCACAF crap impacts them?

Every talented lower-tiered soccer team has to deal with transfer rumors like this, the potential loss of talent and the need to re-build.

Welcome to soccer in the real world. Now stop whining.
Back to top Go down
Jagle

Jagle

PostSubject: Re: The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread   The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty10/6/2011, 7:21 pm

gwar0127 wrote:
Jagle wrote:

Every talented lower-tiered soccer team has to deal with transfer rumors like this, the potential loss of talent and the need to re-build.

Welcome to soccer in the real world. Now stop whining.

I'm channelin' my anger. And if the team would do the same thing on the field it might bring results.
Back to top Go down
Hammer

Hammer

PostSubject: Re: The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread   The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty10/7/2011, 11:05 am

Serenity now.... Serenity now!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Hammer

Hammer

PostSubject: Re: The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread   The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty10/8/2011, 9:39 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Dana

Dana

PostSubject: Re: The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread   The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty10/16/2011, 11:51 am

Great pic of Brek's shirt honoring BR19.
Back to top Go down
scoreNOmore

scoreNOmore

PostSubject: Re: The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread   The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty10/16/2011, 3:47 pm

Dana wrote:

Great pic of Brek's shirt honoring BR19.

I was standing with Bevan when Brek scored....she was VERY moved by the gesture. I love you
Back to top Go down
gwar0127

gwar0127

PostSubject: Re: The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread   The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty11/3/2011, 1:09 pm

Quote :
FC Dallas midfielder Brek Shea will join the U.S. National Team for its
upcoming November friendlies against France and Slovenia, according to
the roster released by U.S. Soccer today.

Following the two U.S.
fixtures, Shea will join English Premier League side Arsenal FC for a
month as a guest before returning home to Dallas in December. The
decision to send Shea to train with the Gunners was made after U.S. head
coach Jurgen Klinsmann encouraged his MLS-based players to spend the
off-season training overseas to enter January camp in top shape.
Back to top Go down
gwar0127

gwar0127

PostSubject: Re: The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread   The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty11/10/2011, 5:52 pm

Arsene Wenger's thoughts on Brek:

Back to top Go down
gwar0127

gwar0127

PostSubject: Re: The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread   The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty11/11/2011, 9:57 am

Quote :
US Player to Watch: Brek Shea

Now seems like an appropriate time to quote The Big Lebowski.

“Sometimes there’s a man, I won’t say a hero, ‘cause what’s a hero?
But sometimes there’s a man, and I’m talkin’ ‘bout The Dude here.
Sometimes there’s a man who, well, he’s the man for his time and place.
He fits right in there, and that’s The Dude, in Los Angeles.”

And that’s also quite possibly Brek Shea on a Friday night in Paris.
It just feels like now is Shea’s time. Thanks to the Klinsmann/Wenger
connection he’s being afforded the opportunity to train with Arsenal for
the next month, but before he even arrives in London, the giant winger
will have the eyes of European soccer trained on his blonde flo-hawk.
The France match could very well be Flock of Sheagulls’ international
coming out party.

It’s hard to believe the meteoric rise from USMNT fringe player to
surefire starter that Shea’s made in five matches under Klinsmann, and
it’s even harder to imagine Brek won’t continue his ascent. He’s the
rare US fan flavor of the month who actually has the goods.
Back to top Go down
Hammer

Hammer

PostSubject: Re: The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread   The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty11/12/2011, 4:35 pm

Back to top Go down
gwar0127

gwar0127

PostSubject: Re: The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread   The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty11/18/2011, 8:52 am

Back to top Go down
Hammer

Hammer

PostSubject: Re: The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread   The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty11/18/2011, 1:23 pm

gwar0127 wrote:

Maybe Brek should sneak up behind Henri and trip him. He could always say it was a celebration trip Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Hammer

Hammer

PostSubject: Re: The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread   The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty11/18/2011, 6:12 pm

Check out Brek's blog at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
gwar0127

gwar0127

PostSubject: Re: The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread   The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty12/11/2011, 8:55 pm

Quote :
SA's Top 10 Left Midfielders
1. Brek Shea (FC Dallas)
2. Joel Lindpere (New York)
3. Alvaro Fernandez (Seattle)
4. Chris Pontius (D.C. United)
5. Mike Magee (Los Angeles)
6. Will Johnson (Real Salt Lake)
7. Justin Mapp (Philadelphia)
8. Robbie Rogers (Columbus)
9. Jamie Smith (Colorado)
10. Khalif Alhassan (Portland)
Back to top Go down
gwar0127

gwar0127

PostSubject: Re: The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread   The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty1/21/2012, 9:29 am

Back to top Go down
gwar0127

gwar0127

PostSubject: Re: The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread   The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty2/29/2012, 10:42 am

Quote :
FC Dallas and U.S. Men’s National team midfielder Brek Shea is giving
away one of his original paintings and his autographed game-worn boots
from First Kick on March 11.

The winner must be present at the March 11th game vs. Red Bull New
York here at FC Dallas Stadium where the winner will be announced at
halftime. Shea will meet the prize winner in the WinStar River Club
following the match to hand over the artwork and his boots.

Shea is running the contest through his Left Foot Studio website and
to be eligible fans to follow him and the studio on Twitter to enter.
The official [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Contest entrants will also receive a special ticket offer to opening day.
Back to top Go down
gwar0127

gwar0127

PostSubject: Re: The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread   The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty7/20/2012, 12:12 pm

Quote :
Amid the chaotic scenes at the end of Wednesday's match between FC Dallas and the San Jose Earthquakes -- a game in which FCD defender Jair Benitez missed a stoppage-time penalty that allowed San Jose to escape with a 2-1 win -- the present form and mental state of Dallas attacker Brek Shea still managed to take center stage.

Dallas is currently tied for the fewest points in the league alongside Toronto FC and the Portland Timbers and Shea's performances have mirrored those struggles for much of the season. Fatigue caused by his frequent stints with various U.S. national teams over the past 12 months has been the usual explanation, but there have been other incidents that have indicated all is not well with the 22-year-old. Shea suffered a three-game suspension for kicking the ball at an assistant referee in a match against Columbus back on May 12. He has tallied just three times in 2012 league play and was also part of the U.S. U-23 team that failed to qualify for the Olympics.
Back to top Go down
Jagle

Jagle

PostSubject: Re: The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread   The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty7/20/2012, 2:48 pm

gwar0127 wrote:

Quote :
Amid the chaotic scenes at the end of Wednesday's match between FC Dallas and the San Jose Earthquakes -- a game in which FCD defender Jair Benitez missed a stoppage-time penalty that allowed San Jose to escape with a 2-1 win -- the present form and mental state of Dallas attacker Brek Shea still managed to take center stage.

Dallas is currently tied for the fewest points in the league alongside Toronto FC and the Portland Timbers and Shea's performances have mirrored those struggles for much of the season. Fatigue caused by his frequent stints with various U.S. national teams over the past 12 months has been the usual explanation, but there have been other incidents that have indicated all is not well with the 22-year-old. Shea suffered a three-game suspension for kicking the ball at an assistant referee in a match against Columbus back on May 12. He has tallied just three times in 2012 league play and was also part of the U.S. U-23 team that failed to qualify for the Olympics.

It's the curse of 2012. Have no hope, but please help buy out the old-new jerseys in the team shop so that we can finally have some that say "Advocare." I bought a blue Hartman that I need to pick up before the game tomorrow. The orange Hartman jersey was too scary. If only they would offer the burgundy one like he wore on the 4th of July.

Blas, repair!
Back to top Go down
Jagle

Jagle

PostSubject: Re: The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread   The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty7/31/2012, 6:27 pm

The man has a tired heart. Don't we all, though.

FRISCO – The pressure just got to be too much for Brek Shea.

That’s what Schellas Hyndman seemed to indicate to reporters after Saturday night’s 1-0 loss to LA in reference to why he has left his young star off the team sheet for the past two games.

“The decision is no different than the decision we made last week,” Hyndman said Saturday night. “We feel the best thing we can do with Brek is to give him a chance to remove himself from the pressure and kind of let him figure things out.”

Shea’s struggles truly started to take a toll after FC Dallas returned from the FIFA World Cup qualifying break in mid-June.

The Texan, previously hobbled by a nagging turf toe injury, returned to an FCD team desperate for offense. The 22-year-old was unable to provide the answers for Dallas, however, failing to make an impact in a three-game homestand where they allowed just one goal, but settled for three disappointing draws.

The frustrations became public on a national stage after a verbal altercation with his manager in San Jose on July 18.

“What Brek has been doing is trying to live up to expectations of everyone else and himself," Hyndman said. "And when the game doesn’t go well for him, it gets really frustrating and the pressure really mounts."

Shea was held out of practice and Dallas' 5-0 win over Portland, but returned to what was an abbreviated team training schedule last week because of the MLS All-Star Game. This led some to think that the winger could feature at least as a substitute in Saturday’s crucial match against the Galaxy, but that never materialized.

Hyndman says it wasn’t because of anything Shea did wrong in practice, rather it was simply about keeping the weight of high expectations off their young star and taking small steps before he’s inserted back into the team.

“One of the things for us to take a step in the right direction is to recognize that something wasn't right," the FC Dallas boss said. "I think he has come to that realization. I think the last two practices he had were very good. I asked him why and he said he feels that for once this year the pressure is off of him.”

Hyndman did not give a timetable on Shea's return, but ended his thoughts with some encouraging words.

“In these last two training sessions," Hyndman added, "he's had some life in his legs and he's been excited to be out there.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread   The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Official Brek Shea Appreciation Thread
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next