TIDN (The Inferno Dot Net)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

RIP Bobby Rhine

Go down 
+23
PhilaDallas
Rex Kramer
FCDSouth
Speedbump Joey
germ75
mogar
Jagle
Arsenal
ihatehouston
Parrish
Fudd
Hammer
scoreNOmore
ReddTrain
Vash
gwar0127
Hhaire
Balonpie
Hammster
GraceTX
scottishbeagle
Squidly
Dana
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
scoreNOmore

RIP Bobby Rhine - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Bobby Rhine   RIP Bobby Rhine - Page 2 Empty9/6/2011, 2:46 pm

Greg had the idea that every Inferno member donate $19 to the foundation.
Back to top Go down
Balonpie

Balonpie

PostSubject: Re: RIP Bobby Rhine   RIP Bobby Rhine - Page 2 Empty9/6/2011, 2:52 pm

scoreNOmore wrote:
Greg had the idea that every Inferno member donate $19 to the foundation.

I second this.
Back to top Go down
Hammer

Hammer

PostSubject: Re: RIP Bobby Rhine   RIP Bobby Rhine - Page 2 Empty9/6/2011, 3:36 pm

I am so upset by this. Having only followed the team since moving here three years ago, I don't know him as well as most of you. I can say that he was always very approachable and when I had my heart attack last year he wrote something very kind on the card I got from the team.

I will be there tonight and I feel so bad for his wife and children.
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-inferno.net
Dana

Dana

PostSubject: Re: RIP Bobby Rhine   RIP Bobby Rhine - Page 2 Empty9/6/2011, 3:58 pm

Here I go crying again.

Drew Moor. The kid may wear a CRapids uniform but he's classy as hell.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Fudd

Fudd

PostSubject: Re: RIP Bobby Rhine   RIP Bobby Rhine - Page 2 Empty9/6/2011, 4:04 pm

I am very sad that I won't be able to make it tonight. I will bring out flowers sometime this week, though.
Back to top Go down
GraceTX

GraceTX

PostSubject: Re: RIP Bobby Rhine   RIP Bobby Rhine - Page 2 Empty9/6/2011, 4:15 pm

FYI, the Inferno has made a $200 donation to FC Dallas Foundation in memory of Bobby.
Back to top Go down
Parrish

Parrish

PostSubject: Re: RIP Bobby Rhine   RIP Bobby Rhine - Page 2 Empty9/6/2011, 4:25 pm

I'm going to do what I can to have a banner or sign of some sort made up for the game this weekend in New England. I'll be happy to send it down to the powers that be afterward.
Back to top Go down
Parrish

Parrish

PostSubject: Re: RIP Bobby Rhine   RIP Bobby Rhine - Page 2 Empty9/6/2011, 4:26 pm

Also, I'd like to propose that we rename the Inferno MVP award in Bobby's memory.
Back to top Go down
ihatehouston

ihatehouston

PostSubject: Re: RIP Bobby Rhine   RIP Bobby Rhine - Page 2 Empty9/6/2011, 4:30 pm

Sad
Back to top Go down
ihatehouston

ihatehouston

PostSubject: Re: RIP Bobby Rhine   RIP Bobby Rhine - Page 2 Empty9/6/2011, 4:30 pm

Parrish wrote:
Also, I'd like to propose that we rename the Inferno MVP award in Bobby's memory.

2nd'ed
Back to top Go down
Arsenal

Arsenal

PostSubject: Re: RIP Bobby Rhine   RIP Bobby Rhine - Page 2 Empty9/6/2011, 4:52 pm

ihatehouston wrote:
Parrish wrote:

2nd'ed

Third.

Also I don't know what the views of the MLS is, but what about retiring the #19? Or making it a privledge to wear the #19.
Back to top Go down
Vash

Vash

PostSubject: Re: RIP Bobby Rhine   RIP Bobby Rhine - Page 2 Empty9/6/2011, 5:14 pm

Arsenal wrote:
ihatehouston wrote:
Parrish wrote:

2nd'ed

Third.

Also I don't know what the views of the MLS is, but what about retiring the #19? Or making it a privledge to wear the #19.

4th. I would retire it just like I would #8 for Oscar

Back to top Go down
Hammer

Hammer

PostSubject: Re: RIP Bobby Rhine   RIP Bobby Rhine - Page 2 Empty9/6/2011, 5:29 pm

Parrish wrote:

I think that is an incredible idea and we should do it. Bobby was as much Inferno as FCD and we will all miss him so much.
Back to top Go down
Jagle

Jagle

PostSubject: Re: RIP Bobby Rhine   RIP Bobby Rhine - Page 2 Empty9/6/2011, 7:29 pm

You figure the FO will do something for him at the game with Tauro, or will they wait for (OMG!) New York? The Red Bulls are a Saturday game, so every season ticket holder had better show up.
Back to top Go down
mogar

mogar

PostSubject: Re: RIP Bobby Rhine   RIP Bobby Rhine - Page 2 Empty9/6/2011, 9:38 pm

I was completely gutted when i heard the news earlier today. needless to say i will do my best to donate $19 to the FCD Foundation and will do my damndest to get out to any game where we do anything to commemorate the wonderful guy that Bobby was. The first thing i thought is that we try and make some sort of banner or some such thing that we can bring to games or something like that, or all hold cards with the number 19 on them at the 19' mark in a game.

i was already feeling terrible about this and writing a short article about it for Bleacher Report only worsened my mood. I feel horrible for his family and such and hope that they are with good friends and family who can help them get through this. i can't even imagine how they feel if it's affecting me this much.

RIP Bobby, one of my favorite players to wear the kit.
Back to top Go down
lapleade
Anonymous

PostSubject: Bobby Memorial   RIP Bobby Rhine - Page 2 Empty9/6/2011, 11:36 pm

I am glad to see Inferno donate to the foundation and would like to suggest we gather $19.00 donations at the next home match or at Alan Wickers on the 14th.
I already made a personal donation but I think number 19 would be well remembered this way and also Black Armbands on our left arms at the next home game.
Stu Berwick
Back to top Go down
ihatehouston

ihatehouston

PostSubject: Re: RIP Bobby Rhine   RIP Bobby Rhine - Page 2 Empty9/7/2011, 5:44 am

So i vote that in the 19th minute of every game for the rest of the year we do a Bobby Chant.
Back to top Go down
Hammer

Hammer

PostSubject: Re: RIP Bobby Rhine   RIP Bobby Rhine - Page 2 Empty9/7/2011, 12:22 pm

One minute of silence at the 19 and then at the 20th minute....

Bobby Rhine

Bobby Bobby Bobby!
Oy Oy Oy!

Bobby Bobby Bobby!
Oy Oy Oy!

Bobby!
Oy!

Bobby!
Oy!

Bobby Bobby Bobby!
Oy Oy Oy!
Back to top Go down
Hhaire

Hhaire

PostSubject: Re: RIP Bobby Rhine   RIP Bobby Rhine - Page 2 Empty9/7/2011, 12:31 pm

Hammer wrote:
One minute of silence at the 19 and then at the 20th minute....

Bobby Rhine

Bobby Bobby Bobby!
Oy Oy Oy!

Bobby Bobby Bobby!
Oy Oy Oy!

Bobby!
Oy!

Bobby!
Oy!

Bobby Bobby Bobby!
Oy Oy Oy!
We need to celebrate his life if anything maybe the moment of silence if just for the first game back
Back to top Go down
germ75

germ75

PostSubject: Re: RIP Bobby Rhine   RIP Bobby Rhine - Page 2 Empty9/7/2011, 4:48 pm

I love all of these ideas!
BR19-
Back to top Go down
germ75

germ75

PostSubject: Re: RIP Bobby Rhine   RIP Bobby Rhine - Page 2 Empty9/7/2011, 7:56 pm

Any1 going to the viewing and/or Funeral? if so, do you think it would be ok to wear the scarf under the coat jacket?
Back to top Go down
GraceTX

GraceTX

PostSubject: Re: RIP Bobby Rhine   RIP Bobby Rhine - Page 2 Empty9/7/2011, 8:27 pm

We'll be at the viewing for sure. Jon can't do the funeral since he's at school. I don't know if I'll be able to get away for it, but I'd like to.
Back to top Go down
Hhaire

Hhaire

PostSubject: Re: RIP Bobby Rhine   RIP Bobby Rhine - Page 2 Empty9/7/2011, 8:34 pm

When is the viewing and everything?
Back to top Go down
scottishbeagle

scottishbeagle

PostSubject: Re: RIP Bobby Rhine   RIP Bobby Rhine - Page 2 Empty9/7/2011, 9:07 pm

Anyone happen to watch the Union v Revs game tonight. Apart from the fact it was a superb match (4-4) the commentators referred to Bobby several times. Was on Galavision, so was just wondering if anyone who speaks Spanish watched and could translate what they were saying?
Back to top Go down
germ75

germ75

PostSubject: Re: RIP Bobby Rhine   RIP Bobby Rhine - Page 2 Empty9/7/2011, 9:56 pm

FC Dallas friends - Bobby Rhine's service info: Visitation 7
– 9 pm, Thursday, 9/8 at Sparkman Hillcrest Funeral Home

Funeral 11 am Fri 9/9 @ Northway Christian Church, 7202 W.
Northwest Highway, Dallas, TX 75225. Burial will follow @ Hillcrest Memorial
Park
Back to top Go down
germ75

germ75

PostSubject: Re: RIP Bobby Rhine   RIP Bobby Rhine - Page 2 Empty9/7/2011, 9:57 pm

I am undecided on the viewing, but I def want to go to the funeral..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RIP Bobby Rhine   RIP Bobby Rhine - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

RIP Bobby Rhine
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TIDN (The Inferno Dot Net) :: FC Dallas-
Jump to: