TIDN (The Inferno Dot Net)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

RIP Bobby Rhine

Go down 
+23
PhilaDallas
Rex Kramer
FCDSouth
Speedbump Joey
germ75
mogar
Jagle
Arsenal
ihatehouston
Parrish
Fudd
Hammer
scoreNOmore
ReddTrain
Vash
gwar0127
Hhaire
Balonpie
Hammster
GraceTX
scottishbeagle
Squidly
Dana
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Squidly

RIP Bobby Rhine - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Bobby Rhine   RIP Bobby Rhine - Page 4 Empty9/9/2011, 12:42 pm

GraceTX wrote:
Were there a lot of people there? There were hundreds of people last night and it took us almost two hours to pay our respects last night. I imagine there were even more today.

I wonder when FCD is going to have something for him.

It was a large church. I would say 500+.
Back to top Go down
Hammer

Hammer

PostSubject: Re: RIP Bobby Rhine   RIP Bobby Rhine - Page 4 Empty9/9/2011, 12:42 pm

GraceTX wrote:
Gina and I will be making black armbands this weekend for the folks in our section. We're planning on painting or stenciling BR or 19 on them (haven't decided yet). If anyone has a sewing machine and would like to help make the armbands, please let me know. We'll be working on Sunday, but I'm also available to work on Saturday as well.

I like the 19 idea. I couldn't make it to the funeral today and am so sad. I also think we should celebrate his life by the whole stadium uniting in ONE VOICE. He was always such a happy guy and we need to bring his joy into the way we show our respects for a great man.
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-inferno.net
Squidly

Squidly

PostSubject: Re: RIP Bobby Rhine   RIP Bobby Rhine - Page 4 Empty9/9/2011, 12:57 pm

In the spirit of celebration and remembrance I would just like to tell each one of my brothers and sisters through sport that I love each and every one of you. Those few I've met and the many that I've yet to meet. From me to you, as human beings, I love you. If there is anything we should take away from this it is to take every breath as your first and treat each day as your last.

The outpouring of love and support within this group is absolutely overwhelming, and I am proud to consider myself a part of such an incredible group of people.

(All sappyness aside, I mean love in the most basic sense. Don't be expect me to be handing out footrubs or nothin! Ha) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GraceTX

GraceTX

PostSubject: Re: RIP Bobby Rhine   RIP Bobby Rhine - Page 4 Empty9/9/2011, 1:02 pm

Squidly wrote:
Don't be expect me to be handing out footrubs or nothin! Ha) Very Happy

Gosh darn it.
Back to top Go down
Squidly

Squidly

PostSubject: Re: RIP Bobby Rhine   RIP Bobby Rhine - Page 4 Empty9/9/2011, 1:18 pm

GraceTX wrote:
Squidly wrote:

Gosh darn it.

Okaaaay. Only you! And Scottish. :p LOL
Back to top Go down
scottishbeagle

scottishbeagle

PostSubject: Re: RIP Bobby Rhine   RIP Bobby Rhine - Page 4 Empty9/9/2011, 1:24 pm

Squidly wrote:
GraceTX wrote:
Squidly wrote:

Gosh darn it.

Okaaaay. Only you! And Scottish. :p LOL

lol!
Back to top Go down
Jagle

Jagle

PostSubject: Re: RIP Bobby Rhine   RIP Bobby Rhine - Page 4 Empty9/9/2011, 2:30 pm

scottishbeagle wrote:
not putting down ANYONES ideas, but it would seem to me the BEST tribute to Bobby is to keep doing what the Inferno does best, just do it even louder and even prouder, and support the team like never before. Surely, that's what he would want from us? Seems to me Bobby was a positive, energetic guy. Would be a great tribute to try and keep that spirit alive in all of us during this playoff push. A banner and some chants celebrating the man he was would be a great touch. Seems to me wearing black, or draining some of the positive vibe away from the inferno wouldnt be what he would want?

*disclaimer, I am new to the inferno so I hope I didnt step on any toes or insult anyone, its not meant that way atall. Just throwing out an idea, and I sincerly apologise if this post was taken in any way other than the way its intended.

But we do want to use our smoke machine.
Back to top Go down
Hammer

Hammer

PostSubject: Re: RIP Bobby Rhine   RIP Bobby Rhine - Page 4 Empty9/9/2011, 2:45 pm

Jagle wrote:
scottishbeagle wrote:
not putting down ANYONES ideas, but it would seem to me the BEST tribute to Bobby is to keep doing what the Inferno does best, just do it even louder and even prouder, and support the team like never before. Surely, that's what he would want from us? Seems to me Bobby was a positive, energetic guy. Would be a great tribute to try and keep that spirit alive in all of us during this playoff push. A banner and some chants celebrating the man he was would be a great touch. Seems to me wearing black, or draining some of the positive vibe away from the inferno wouldnt be what he would want?

*disclaimer, I am new to the inferno so I hope I didnt step on any toes or insult anyone, its not meant that way atall. Just throwing out an idea, and I sincerly apologise if this post was taken in any way other than the way its intended.

But we do want to use our smoke machine.

By all accounts the outlet is now fixed. What we need is a team of people who will take responsibility to carrying the beast to and from the section EVERY game, plus the bag and drum etc. I know I speak for Dana, when I say that we rely on the goodwill of Vash, Jagle, Fudd and Jeff every game to help with the stowing and setting of equipment to make the game day experience awesome. We need people to step up and commit to helping these guys out each game to be a success.
Back to top Go down
Hammer

Hammer

PostSubject: Re: RIP Bobby Rhine   RIP Bobby Rhine - Page 4 Empty9/9/2011, 6:09 pm

Bobby Rhine understood supporters...

Back to top Go down
Hammer

Hammer

PostSubject: Re: RIP Bobby Rhine   RIP Bobby Rhine - Page 4 Empty9/9/2011, 6:17 pm

Back to top Go down
scoreNOmore

scoreNOmore

PostSubject: Re: RIP Bobby Rhine   RIP Bobby Rhine - Page 4 Empty9/9/2011, 7:59 pm

The funeral was a nice tribute today and so hard...

It started by everyone singing Amazing Grace. After the preacher, a family friend, spoke it was the family's turn.

Bevan's brother spoke first and then Bevan's dad went up to the microphone and Jake followed him. Ben picked up Jake and sat him on the podium. Jake and Miller were wearing their FCD jerseys. Ben said some touching words about his beloved son in law while Jake sat there grinning from ear to ear and waving at people. (this is where I broke out into an ugly cry) Bobby's dad spoke last and was obviously so proud of his son! He spoke of his playing career and how well respected he was even on opposing team's turf.

I was really surprised and disappointed that no one from FCD spoke.....

Brandon Pollard walked around passing out stickers with Bobby's face on them and it simply read....smile. Jake and Miller were proudly wearing their stickers Smile Mine is now on my phone case so I can view it often.

The most surprising part for me was when the preacher said Bobby had a "bad" heart and was under a Dr's care for the condition for a while. I didn't know he was having issues.

Bevan was the picture of grace even though she lost her "everything". She truly appreciated everyone for coming to help celebrate Bobby's life.

It was a beautiful Texas day and he was laid to rest in the most beautiful cemetary I think I have ever visited. There were hundreds of people there and we all felt the heartbreak of a freind lost. His smile will live on forever in his precious little boys.
Back to top Go down
scoreNOmore

scoreNOmore

PostSubject: Re: RIP Bobby Rhine   RIP Bobby Rhine - Page 4 Empty9/9/2011, 8:02 pm

Hammer wrote:
GraceTX wrote:
Gina and I will be making black armbands this weekend for the folks in our section. We're planning on painting or stenciling BR or 19 on them (haven't decided yet). If anyone has a sewing machine and would like to help make the armbands, please let me know. We'll be working on Sunday, but I'm also available to work on Saturday as well.

I like the 19 idea. I couldn't make it to the funeral today and am so sad. I also think we should celebrate his life by the whole stadium uniting in ONE VOICE. He was always such a happy guy and we need to bring his joy into the way we show our respects for a great man.

I can get heat press #19's at no cost and put them on the arm bands. Can I contribute $$ so some of the fans in our section can have arm bands? let me know if you want me to get the #'s. I can have them as early as Monday afternoon. Just need to know how many. I can help make the bands too.
Back to top Go down
Hammer

Hammer

PostSubject: Re: RIP Bobby Rhine   RIP Bobby Rhine - Page 4 Empty9/9/2011, 8:25 pm

GraceTX wrote:

I have to hang curtains in the baby's room tomorrow morning, but would be happy to spend a few hours helping with the armbands. What time should I come around on Sunday?

Last edited by Hammer on 9/10/2011, 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Squidly

Squidly

PostSubject: Re: RIP Bobby Rhine   RIP Bobby Rhine - Page 4 Empty9/9/2011, 9:37 pm

Im gonna be in town this weekend and im more than willing to help with anything that I can.

Score, I would love a 19 if possible. It would look great on my FCD jersey. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer

PostSubject: Re: RIP Bobby Rhine   RIP Bobby Rhine - Page 4 Empty9/10/2011, 5:03 pm

Hammer wrote:
Bobby Rhine understood supporters...

I hope the coaching staff will be showing this video before every Fahr game.
Back to top Go down
Arsenal

Arsenal

PostSubject: Re: RIP Bobby Rhine   RIP Bobby Rhine - Page 4 Empty9/10/2011, 8:05 pm

Not to beat a dead horse, but I truly believe his jersey needs to be retired or at least be the start of the Ring of Honor around The Hut.
Back to top Go down
scottishbeagle

scottishbeagle

PostSubject: Re: RIP Bobby Rhine   RIP Bobby Rhine - Page 4 Empty9/10/2011, 8:28 pm

Arsenal wrote:
Not to beat a dead horse, but I truly believe his jersey needs to be retired or at least be the start of the Ring of Honor around The Hut.

FCD needs to step up to the plate, and I am sure they will. having a Bobby Rhine stand wouldn't be too much IMO - I am sure they will come up with something tha'ts just right
Back to top Go down
Jagle

Jagle

PostSubject: Re: RIP Bobby Rhine   RIP Bobby Rhine - Page 4 Empty9/11/2011, 11:59 am

scottishbeagle wrote:
Arsenal wrote:

FCD needs to step up to the plate, and I am sure they will. having a Bobby Rhine stand wouldn't be too much IMO - I am sure they will come up with something tha'ts just right

Anyone notice what number Zach was wearing last night? 91.
Back to top Go down
PhilaDallas

PhilaDallas

PostSubject: Re: RIP Bobby Rhine   RIP Bobby Rhine - Page 4 Empty9/11/2011, 6:33 pm

Any word on if Zach's number change is permanent?
Back to top Go down
scoreNOmore

scoreNOmore

PostSubject: Re: RIP Bobby Rhine   RIP Bobby Rhine - Page 4 Empty9/11/2011, 7:15 pm

PhilaDallas wrote:
Any word on if Zach's number change is permanent?

At Bobby's memorial Thursday night, Loyd was right behind us in line and he was talking to Quinn about the number change. Don't know if it is permanent but Quinn was telling him how selfless it was and honorable to give up his #.

I hope it is permanent....
Back to top Go down
gwar0127

gwar0127

PostSubject: Re: RIP Bobby Rhine   RIP Bobby Rhine - Page 4 Empty9/11/2011, 9:53 pm

scottishbeagle wrote:
Arsenal wrote:

PHP already has the Dallas Soccer Walk of Fame out in the soccer field complex. They were looking for nominees earlier this year, so it's probably too late to nominate Bobby, but I'm sure there will be an overwhelming push to include him next year.
Back to top Go down
Hammer

Hammer

PostSubject: Re: RIP Bobby Rhine   RIP Bobby Rhine - Page 4 Empty9/11/2011, 10:18 pm

gwar0127 wrote:
scottishbeagle wrote:
Arsenal wrote:

PHP already has the Dallas Soccer Walk of Fame out in the soccer field complex. They were looking for nominees earlier this year, so it's probably too late to nominate Bobby, but I'm sure there will be an overwhelming push to include him next year.

I think we should ask our section to be renamed the Bobby Rhine Supporters Section.
Back to top Go down
Janice

Janice

PostSubject: Re: RIP Bobby Rhine   RIP Bobby Rhine - Page 4 Empty9/11/2011, 11:36 pm

I loved Bobby, too. But I'm not a fan of retiring his number. Micky Trotman died in a car crash--his number wasn't retired. Retiring numbers isn't a soccer thing.

I think other appropriate memorials can be done, but retiring numbers should not be it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.heartbeatmusictherapy.net
ReddTrain

PostSubject: Re: RIP Bobby Rhine   RIP Bobby Rhine - Page 4 Empty9/12/2011, 9:54 am

Janice wrote:
I loved Bobby, too. But I'm not a fan of retiring his number. Micky Trotman died in a car crash--his number wasn't retired. Retiring numbers isn't a soccer thing.

I think other appropriate memorials can be done, but retiring numbers should not be it.

This. There should be a moratorium on wearing 19 for FCD for a while (5-10 years?), but in a sport where the numbers are so traditional, retiring them should not happen.

There are other ways of memorializing Bobby, and I'm sure Doug Quinn and the Hunts are working on something.
Back to top Go down
Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer

PostSubject: Re: RIP Bobby Rhine   RIP Bobby Rhine - Page 4 Empty9/12/2011, 11:13 am

I might agree if we were talking about a number between 1 and 11, and I am very much a numbering traditionalist, but benches have never been so deep that #19 is a traditional number in any sense.

Since the advent of big money in soccer, it's very rare that a player stays with one club throughout his entire career, and rarer still that said player will move into a non-playing role with the club. By some accounts I'm hearing, Jason Kreis and RSL tried to pry Bobby away from Dallas as both a player and a technical director toward the end of his career. The fact that he chose to stay loyal to Dallas speaks volumes to what a special case he was, and given that, I think a special case should be made re retiring #19.
Back to top Go down
Keylock25

Keylock25

PostSubject: Re: RIP Bobby Rhine   RIP Bobby Rhine - Page 4 Empty9/12/2011, 12:04 pm

Retiring his number seems like the best thing to do. However, I would like to see his legend and number live on. Maybe one player every year could wear the #19 jersey as voted on by the fans to carry on his legacy. Bobby gave all he could for his team, the fans, and the city he loved and wearing the #19 would keep his number sacred.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RIP Bobby Rhine   RIP Bobby Rhine - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

RIP Bobby Rhine
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TIDN (The Inferno Dot Net) :: FC Dallas-
Jump to: