TIDN (The Inferno Dot Net)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden

Go down 
+14
ihatehouston
Vash
ReddTrain
Balonpie
Jagle
Hammer
Tex-Micks
Keylock25
mudpoet
Parrish
Rex Kramer
The Inferno
scottishbeagle
GraceTX
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Should the Inferno move the Beer Garden?
Yes
POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 2 I_vote_lcap80%POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 80% [ 16 ]
No
POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 2 I_vote_lcap10%POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 2 ]
Don't Care
POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 2 I_vote_lcap10%POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 20

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Jagle

POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden   POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 2 Empty5/10/2012, 5:49 pm

It's a little hard to stand out as the original SG from the deep end of someone else's pool. Certainly there's not much room for signage down there. Until United Airlines calls me up, can I continue to hang our stuff in the wedge? I don't mind if I'm the only one there, it will maintain the clear identity of our outstanding and historic group. Besides, when El Capitain returns, I'd prefer to be at the far end when our guys score.

Actually, if you can talk the FO into it, it should be easier to haul the smoker down to the stage. I'm sure that somewhere on the northeast side is a freight elevator that might be of use when the guys set fire to the second half of the season.
Back to top Go down
Jagle

Jagle

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden   POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 2 Empty5/10/2012, 6:03 pm

Is anyone using the handle FC Dallas West? If and when I get out there, I'm going to buy my own Inferno banner and run west coast fan ops in in the name of our group.

Who are ya!
Back to top Go down
Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden   POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 2 Empty5/10/2012, 7:25 pm

If we move, the Inferno banner will move to the beer garden. I see no reason why some of the extra signage can't remain in the Wedge, as long as there are people willing to hang and store them.
Back to top Go down
scottishbeagle

scottishbeagle

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden   POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 2 Empty5/10/2012, 7:30 pm

I know this is several potential stages away, but will we be required to pay the pro rated difference from wedge prices to BG or 101 section prices? Having 3 season tickets it's just something I will need to factor in Smile
Back to top Go down
Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden   POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 2 Empty5/10/2012, 7:33 pm

I don't have any details on that yet. Next day or two and we should know more.
Back to top Go down
scottishbeagle

scottishbeagle

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden   POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 2 Empty5/10/2012, 7:35 pm

Rex Kramer wrote:
I don't have any details on that yet. Next day or two and we should know more.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sweepr33
Anonymous

PostSubject: Move to the beer garden   POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 2 Empty5/11/2012, 1:48 am

I vote for a move to the BG. I know for a fact that the BG area is run by a concessionaire separate from the FC Dallas organization and the U21 rule is strictly enforced. I assume it always will be.

Strength in numbers.

Come on people now, smile on your brother. Everybody get together...
Back to top Go down
Balonpie

Balonpie

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden   POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 2 Empty5/11/2012, 7:46 am

Beer Garden.
Back to top Go down
ReddTrain

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden   POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 2 Empty5/11/2012, 10:13 am

I'm conflicted.

Personally, I want to be in the water garden. Closer to the action is better. Larger numbers of fanatics is better. (Budweiser is beer?! Coulda fooled me...) However, I'm far from convinced that abandoning the next generation of bridled hooliganism is in the best interests of the Inferno.

The best solution is something that allows U21s in the seating area, but I don't see that happening. I sincerely hope I'm wrong.
Back to top Go down
Vash

Vash

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden   POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 2 Empty5/11/2012, 11:20 am

ReddTrain wrote:
I'm conflicted.

Personally, I want to be in the water garden. Closer to the action is better. Larger numbers of fanatics is better. (Budweiser is beer?! Coulda fooled me...) However, I'm far from convinced that abandoning the next generation of bridled hooliganism is in the best interests of the Inferno.

The best solution is something that allows U21s in the seating area, but I don't see that happening. I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

That would be however there is a hard line no on U-21 in the garden. That was one the major points the came from the TABC to the FO so that could even have the garden. As far as U-21 that are part of the Inferno we are trying to work something out.

I don't want to abandon the next gen as well but we have a chance here to not only covert a lot of people and bring back the noise that has been missing from the past 4 home games. Its also a chance to have the larger number of fanatics that we has always wanted but have not had over in 120/121 all in one place. The Beer Guardians so far have done a great job in getting it started and think if we made the move down there it could take off like a wild fire.

Last edited by Vash on 5/11/2012, 11:48 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
The Inferno

The Inferno

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden   POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 2 Empty5/11/2012, 11:30 am

Once again to clarify...

No U21s in the BEER GARDEN!!! Period.

Let's stop talking about the beer garden when discussing U21s. We are working with the front office to see if we can get the U21 members to those field seats below the beer garden. Our hope is that we can get them to the field seats through Sections 101 or 131.
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-inferno.net
mudpoet

mudpoet

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden   POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 2 Empty5/11/2012, 2:02 pm

Jagle wrote:
It's a little hard to stand out as the original SG from the deep end of someone else's pool.

This kind of thinking scares me every time I hear it. I think it's a poor mentality. We should be all about the team, NOT the supporters group. It's great to maintain our identity, and I don't think we should just give up who we are, but the team comes first. And we certainly don't need to "stand out" over other SGs.

Focus on the team. The group is a distant 2nd.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mlsfans.net/oven/
mudpoet

mudpoet

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden   POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 2 Empty5/11/2012, 2:22 pm

The Inferno wrote:
Let's stop talking about the beer garden when discussing U21s. We are working with the front office to see if we can get the U21 members to those field seats below the beer garden. Our hope is that we can get them to the field seats through Sections 101 or 131.

I don't see how we can stop talking about it. The beer garden and the U21s have a direct impact on each other and definitely factor into the decision of whether to move or not and HOW to move if the move happens.

I agree that it's pointless to discuss ways to get them in the beer garden - that's done with. The officers have informed us that it is NOT happening. Period. But the fact that the U21s aren't allowed is a very real factor in deciding the next course of action. We need to discuss solutions to the problem rather than discontinuing the conversation.

Obviously the best solution is the one that the officers are current working on: getting access to the field seats under the BG stands.

I haven't seen what 101 is like as far as crazy goes, nor what they can get away with as far as language is concerned, but I like the option of making it an official "Inferno Juniors" location until they get promoted. It's about as close as you can get to being with the full group as you can get, keeping everything "together" on the North end. Another good thing about this approach is that there's already a leadership. Red Shamrock can get them started in showing them how it's done.

I have another thought that I personally feel is important. Moving to the beer garden doesn't let us off the hook of recruiting young supporters. We need to do our part to lure in that prime age group. Invite them to the tailgate and introduce them to everyone who stands in 101. There's no reason to fracture. It's about the TEAM.
Back to top Go down
ReddTrain

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden   POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 2 Empty5/11/2012, 2:32 pm

The Inferno wrote:
We are working with the front office to see if we can get the U21 members to those field seats below the beer garden. Our hope is that we can get them to the field seats through Sections 101 or 131.

And, given the feedback that I've seen, this is not going to be an option - so we should plan accordingly.

Spitballing here: Would it make sense to pull the official Inferno area from the Wedge back to 132? It's close enough for coordination between those members that choose to sit in the field seats while not making Red Shamrock the (un)official Inferno chaperones.
Back to top Go down
ihatehouston

ihatehouston

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden   POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 2 Empty5/11/2012, 2:42 pm

Parrish wrote:
mudpoet wrote:
Parrish wrote:
I think we can all agree that Matt cancels out the other four.
If you're serious for a moment, I think you know that's not true. Matt may be a pain sometimes, but he's a die-hard who contributes to the group in a mostly positive way.
No, he's the living worst. The AT&T of people.
Really the AT&T of people?Sad Sad Sad dont you think thats alittle harsh to AT&T?
Back to top Go down
GraceTX

GraceTX

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden   POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 2 Empty5/11/2012, 2:57 pm

Whatever the case, it doesn't matter now as the front office has said this not going to happen.

From twitter:

Quote :
Inferno_FCD: Apologies to our U21 members. Unfortunately you will not be able to join us in the beer garden, should the move go ahead. :-(
Back to top Go down
ihatehouston

ihatehouston

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden   POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 2 Empty5/11/2012, 2:59 pm

GraceTX wrote:
Whatever the case, it doesn't matter now as the front office has said this not going to happen.

From twitter:

Quote :
Inferno_FCD: Apologies to our U21 members. Unfortunately you will not be able to join us in the beer garden, should the move go ahead. :-(
GO GO magic FO and TABC stupidity
Back to top Go down
Dana

Dana

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden   POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 2 Empty5/11/2012, 3:04 pm

The move to the BG makes sense for the following reasons:

1 - Getting a larger number of supporters in one section. Fact of the matter is none of the SG's on their own make a major impact game in game out. Standing together in one area helps unify and multiply the energy.

2 - Getting those supporters into a closer proximity to one another. While the view in the wedge may be better in the opinion of some, it was too vast a space for a group our size. The bleachers compresses the group together and makes the efforts of the chant leaders more effective and the voices of the group more impactful.

3 - Freedom of expression happens on the BG. I checked out the scene from the BG during the Seattle game. Language was heavily seasoned and salty to the core. Not once were any of the supporters told to stop the chants or watch their language.

4 - Cheap beer is available and is served to you in the bleachers should you not want to leave your seat during the game.

5 - Other SG's already with a presence on the stage seem to want The Inferno to stand with them. Power in numbers. Work it out and make it rock. Look to the end line in KC. The Cauldron works it out so can we.

Detractions are as follows:

1 - Under 21 issue which has already been noted. Leadership is already working on a solution. As Travis, noted: There still needs a way to capture the energy for those under legal drinking age to be captured and trained to stand in with us once of age.

2 - Space is limited on the bleachers. Yes, overflow can go onto the stage but with folks standing on the bleachers the view isn't ideal. Fill up the sections put in already, to petition for increased capacity later this season/next season. I'd also suggest going down to one big drum to allow for more bodies in the bleachers. Or ask about the drummers to stand next to/in front of the stands to allow more bodies in the bleachers.

Too many positives in making the move to let the detractions be the over riding factors.

Note for leadership: should the move take place, check with the FO to see if storage of drums and flags could be moved to the other end of the stadium so it's more easily stored/set up. This could also benefit other groups in the area as I know they bring all their stuff in/out of stadium each game.
Back to top Go down
ReddTrain

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden   POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 2 Empty5/11/2012, 3:16 pm

ihatehouston wrote:
GO GO magic FO and TABC stupidity

FTFY. Even the geniuses that came up with the Southlake debacle pale in comparison to the fact that Jester King et al. had to go to court in order to print the word "beer" on a beer bottle. (Anything 5.1% or lower had to be labeled "ale" even if it was a lager; anything above 5.1% had to be labeled as a "malt beverage".)

However, when the desires of the FO and TABC conflict, TABC wins.
Back to top Go down
Keylock25

Keylock25

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden   POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 2 Empty5/11/2012, 3:38 pm

There is only one drawback I can see in the move to the BG. We must arrive to our seats early. I know one of the most beautiful benefits of our stadium is that we can go from tailgate to supporter in just a few seconds. The beer garden fills up quick with those people who like to sit on their hands. (eww)

If we are going to be a big boy SG we have to act like it. Until further notice the bier garden is a open section. We do get a jump on the action, I believe a half hour before first kick. This should give us plenty of time to bring in all of our banners, flags,smoke, and well us.

Just a fact from one of my TA friends. Most people arrive to stand in line for their seats anywhere between 7:00am and three hours before first kick.
Back to top Go down
Vash

Vash

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden   POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 2 Empty5/11/2012, 4:34 pm

Dana wrote:
The move to the BG makes sense for the following reasons:

1 - Getting a larger number of supporters in one section. Fact of the matter is none of the SG's on their own make a major impact game in game out. Standing together in one area helps unify and multiply the energy.

2 - Getting those supporters into a closer proximity to one another. While the view in the wedge may be better in the opinion of some, it was too vast a space for a group our size. The bleachers compresses the group together and makes the efforts of the chant leaders more effective and the voices of the group more impactful.

3 - Freedom of expression happens on the BG. I checked out the scene from the BG during the Seattle game. Language was heavily seasoned and salty to the core. Not once were any of the supporters told to stop the chants or watch their language.

4 - Cheap beer is available and is served to you in the bleachers should you not want to leave your seat during the game.

5 - Other SG's already with a presence on the stage seem to want The Inferno to stand with them. Power in numbers. Work it out and make it rock. Look to the end line in KC. The Cauldron works it out so can we.

Detractions are as follows:

1 - Under 21 issue which has already been noted. Leadership is already working on a solution. As Travis, noted: There still needs a way to capture the energy for those under legal drinking age to be captured and trained to stand in with us once of age.

2 - Space is limited on the bleachers. Yes, overflow can go onto the stage but with folks standing on the bleachers the view isn't ideal. Fill up the sections put in already, to petition for increased capacity later this season/next season. I'd also suggest going down to one big drum to allow for more bodies in the bleachers. Or ask about the drummers to stand next to/in front of the stands to allow more bodies in the bleachers.

Too many positives in making the move to let the detractions be the over riding factors.

Note for leadership: should the move take place, check with the FO to see if storage of drums and flags could be moved to the other end of the stadium so it's more easily stored/set up. This could also benefit other groups in the area as I know they bring all their stuff in/out of stadium each game.

We where told there is space. I think it is where they keep the cannon, will re-cheek on that.
I think we should be able to bungie the drum to the front of the bleachers.
Back to top Go down
mudpoet

mudpoet

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden   POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 2 Empty5/11/2012, 4:37 pm

Dana wrote:
The move to the BG makes sense
^ What she said

Dana wrote:

It's probably a ways off, but eventually overflow can go to 101 & 132

Dana wrote:
^ What she said
Back to top Go down
Hammer

Hammer

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden   POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 2 Empty5/11/2012, 5:48 pm

For those of you worried about the U21s... go to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and see what we are about. We are ABOUT TEACHING HOW TO BE A REAL SUPPORTER! The under 21s will be singing the same chants as the Inferno, because Red Shamrock sings FCD songs and chants. The only concession we made to get cheaper seats in 101, and be close to the action, was to cut out foul language in organized chants. The Beer Guardians have been told to cut out the language too, so don't think it is TWO in the BG either. Security will always have a hard-on for cursing supporters and so does the MLS.

The Northside of the stadium is gonna rock with all the SGS there. To reiterate what Mud said.... TEAM FIRST & SG second. This is best for supporting FCD. This will give us the home field advantage that Inferno has always sought. The BG, DFE BG, Inferno, Red Shamrock and DFE will turn opposing teams into sniveling cowards. The founders of Red Shamrock are still Inferno, so we will school and move people up. I BELEIVE IN FCD!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Hammer on 5/11/2012, 9:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-inferno.net
Jagle

Jagle

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden   POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 2 Empty5/11/2012, 7:06 pm

mudpoet wrote:
Jagle wrote:
It's a little hard to stand out as the original SG from the deep end of someone else's pool.

This kind of thinking scares me every time I hear it. I think it's a poor mentality. We should be all about the team, NOT the supporters group. It's great to maintain our identity, and I don't think we should just give up who we are, but the team comes first. And we certainly don't need to "stand out" over other SGs.

I want to maintain the clear identity of this group, and I don't think it can stand out on the gun deck. Sixty feet of rail is already lost because of the overhanging stands, and BG has priority to hang their banners off of the rest. Now if Andre can get us permission to hang our stuff off of the overhang, that's prominent enough for me.

You know, the overhang, where it used to say Pizza Hut Park and now there's just an ugly black tarp? That's the measure of how uncompromising I am on this issue. I'm not taking the name of Beer Guardians to the west coast when I go.

Geez! We are right up against a movement to start coast-to-coast, Cowboy-type dedicated coverage for FCD, under Inferno banners, and we can't dominate our own house because the beer's a better rallying point.

Just make the FO give us an up-front spot for our stuff here at home. That will satisfy me.

Aon't question my mentality. It has leadership value.

Back to top Go down
Tex-Micks

Tex-Micks

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden   POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 2 Empty5/11/2012, 7:55 pm

So what are the chances that season ticket holders in the wedge who cannot go the the beer garden can move to 101 for games that are going to be sell outs like LA for example.
Back to top Go down
FCDSouth

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden   POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 2 Empty5/11/2012, 8:38 pm

mudpoet wrote:

We should be all about the team, NOT the supporters group. It's great to maintain our identity, and I don't think we should just give up who we are, but the team comes first. And we certainly don't need to "stand out" over other SGs.

This is the central issue, I think. And while I agree with Travis about Team First, group second, the potential loss of identity is certainly something to consider. I'm not saying you shouldn't move to the Beer Garden. However, if you make that decision, there should be mechanisms put in place to keep the Inferno brand prominent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden   POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next