TIDN (The Inferno Dot Net)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden

Go down 
+14
ihatehouston
Vash
ReddTrain
Balonpie
Jagle
Hammer
Tex-Micks
Keylock25
mudpoet
Parrish
Rex Kramer
The Inferno
scottishbeagle
GraceTX
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Should the Inferno move the Beer Garden?
Yes
POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 3 I_vote_lcap80%POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 80% [ 16 ]
No
POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 3 I_vote_lcap10%POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 2 ]
Don't Care
POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 3 I_vote_lcap10%POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 20

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
FCDSouth

POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden   POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 3 Empty5/11/2012, 8:38 pm

mudpoet wrote:

We should be all about the team, NOT the supporters group. It's great to maintain our identity, and I don't think we should just give up who we are, but the team comes first. And we certainly don't need to "stand out" over other SGs.

Focus on the team. The group is a distant 2nd.

This is the central issue, I think. And while I agree with Travis about Team First, group second, the potential loss of identity is certainly something to consider. I'm not saying you shouldn't move to the Beer Garden. However, if you make that decision, there should be mechanisms put in place to keep the Inferno brand prominent.
Back to top Go down
Keylock25

Keylock25

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden   POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 3 Empty5/11/2012, 9:34 pm

There is plenty of room between the beer garden area to hang banners. I would even argue more than what the wedge provides. cheers
Back to top Go down
Hammer

Hammer

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden   POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 3 Empty5/11/2012, 9:48 pm

Tex-Micks wrote:
So what are the chances that season ticket holders in the wedge who cannot go the the beer garden can move to 101 for games that are going to be sell outs like LA for example.

I would check with your ticket rep persomally. We paid $268 for a full season in 101 so there will be an upsell probably. However we do get bonus games and playoffs (fingers crossed) included and that is not the case with the supporters GA tickets.

You are welcome to be with us and help us carry on the supporter tradition in 101.
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-inferno.net
scottishbeagle

scottishbeagle

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden   POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 3 Empty5/11/2012, 9:58 pm

Hammer wrote:
Tex-Micks wrote:
So what are the chances that season ticket holders in the wedge who cannot go the the beer garden can move to 101 for games that are going to be sell outs like LA for example.

I would check with your ticket rep persomally. We paid $268 for a full season in 101 so there will be an upsell probably. However we do get bonus games and playoffs (fingers crossed) included and that is not the case with the supporters GA tickets.

You are welcome to be with us and help us carry on the supporter tradition in 101.

Ouch, that would be a $300-$400 increase to get over there mid season for our 3 tickets if they dont pro rate it (I am sure they will look after us the best they can). I would like to think the FO will make this as good as they can, because it this works, that's a lot of extra revenue next season!
Seems to me like most people here are in agreement, it's just hashing out the details. Are we waiting to hear back from the FO regarding those unanswered questions we have?
Back to top Go down
Tex-Micks

Tex-Micks

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden   POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 3 Empty5/11/2012, 10:26 pm

scottishbeagle wrote:
Hammer wrote:
Tex-Micks wrote:

Ouch, that would be a $300-$400 increase to get over there mid season for our 3 tickets if they dont pro rate it (I am sure they will look after us the best they can). I would like to think the FO will make this as good as they can, because it this works, that's a lot of extra revenue next season!
Seems to me like most people here are in agreement, it's just hashing out the details. Are we waiting to hear back from the FO regarding those unanswered questions we have?

During most of the home games for the rest of the season I don't think that will be a problem but for the big ones it will be Inferno youth vs FC Big Draw
Back to top Go down
mudpoet

mudpoet

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden   POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 3 Empty5/11/2012, 11:25 pm

Jagle and Rich - I don't think y'all understood what I said. I never said it's not important to maintain our identity. What I have a problem with is the "stand out" mentality. That sounds like being in it more for the recognition than for the team. We don't need to stand out from the other supporters. I doubt any of them are worrying about standing out over us.

You can keep your identity without having to "stand out" over everyone else. They're there to support the team too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mlsfans.net/oven/
Vash

Vash

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden   POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 3 Empty5/11/2012, 11:53 pm

The only thing that should stand out is the section itself and right now we don't have that. The Inferno and The Beer Guardians do a lot of the same things. The only thing that is different is some of the songs that they try and sing, that's about it.

As I said before this is chance where you have two SG that are on the same page and do a lot of the same things to finally have a true supporters section.

You have the Beer Guardians in there spot.
You have us in the other end.
Working and singing as one.

The idea is to get everyone in the middle part of the BG stands to join in with us on top of mixing our members in starting from the ends going to the middle until it is a full on supports section.

I fully believe that this will work.
Back to top Go down
scottishbeagle

scottishbeagle

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden   POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 3 Empty5/12/2012, 7:58 am

Tex-Micks wrote:

During most of the home games for the rest of the season I don't think that will be a problem but for the big ones it will be Inferno youth vs FC Big Draw

do they have people checking tickets as you enter 101? sadly, even for the big games, there seems to be plenty of eats available over there!
Back to top Go down
scottishbeagle

scottishbeagle

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden   POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 3 Empty5/12/2012, 9:43 am

dont forget the little people cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Hammer

Hammer

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden   POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 3 Empty5/13/2012, 5:51 am

scottishbeagle wrote:
Tex-Micks wrote:

do they have people checking tickets as you enter 101? sadly, even for the big games, there seems to be plenty of eats available over there!

It really depends on who is the usher at the top of the section. I am sure they would work out some pro rated deal for you.
Back to top Go down
Vash

Vash

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden   POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 3 Empty5/18/2012, 11:49 pm

Ok, seeing as we are making the move to the garden we are going to need some help moving all of our stuff over. 5:00pm is plan to meet up with the FO (Kats) to go in and move our stuff over. If anyone can help please let us know.
Back to top Go down
scottishbeagle

scottishbeagle

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden   POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 3 Empty5/20/2012, 9:47 am

the morning after the night before...............

how did it all work out? the BG certainly sounded great from 101, loud, and proud. My mate Nick who was in the BG said it was a great night, and really enjoyed it
Back to top Go down
Vash

Vash

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden   POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 3 Empty5/20/2012, 1:16 pm

scottishbeagle wrote:

how did it all work out? the BG certainly sounded great from 101, loud, and proud. My mate Nick who was in the BG said it was a great night, and really enjoyed it

It was hit or miss on the chants but it when we did get it to work it worked. We there are some small changes that are being talked about being made to make it work better. So overall it was a good night.
Back to top Go down
Hammer

Hammer

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden   POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 3 Empty5/20/2012, 1:42 pm

Vash wrote:
scottishbeagle wrote:

It was hit or miss on the chants but it when we did get it to work it worked. We there are some small changes that are being talked about being made to make it work better. So overall it was a good night.

I think you guys need to designate a "Capo" for each half that runs the rythmm of the section. I am sure the Guardians would be in agreement. The pace of most of the chants was what put us off in 101 as it was very erratic and that made it hard to follow. Overall, it was a great improvement on two groups in different ends of the stadium. It would be nice if you guys had a bullhorn and we could then hear the chants better, so we could join in.
Back to top Go down
Vash

Vash

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden   POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 3 Empty5/20/2012, 2:42 pm

Hammer wrote:
Vash wrote:
scottishbeagle wrote:

I think you guys need to designate a "Capo" for each half that runs the rythmm of the section. I am sure the Guardians would be in agreement. The pace of most of the chants was what put us off in 101 as it was very erratic and that made it hard to follow. Overall, it was a great improvement on two groups in different ends of the stadium. It would be nice if you guys had a bullhorn and we could then hear the chants better, so we could join in.

Yea we have talked about Capo's and they are in agreement about. They have a bullhorn but its one of the small one's and it not that loud. I think the best bet going forward is going to take up the first two rows of the stands over packing everyone in to the ends. That should cut down on some of the issues we had last night.
Back to top Go down
Hammer

Hammer

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden   POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 3 Empty5/20/2012, 4:35 pm

Vash wrote:

Yea we have talked about Capo's and they are in agreement about. They have a bullhorn but its one of the small one's and it not that loud. I think the best bet going forward is going to take up the first two rows of the stands over packing everyone in to the ends. That should cut down on some of the issues we had last night.

Hmmmm.... don't understand what you are saying. Please explain.
Back to top Go down
Vash

Vash

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden   POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 3 Empty5/20/2012, 4:59 pm

Hammer wrote:
Vash wrote:

Hmmmm.... don't understand what you are saying. Please explain.

lol! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

- We have talked about Capo's and picking people to do that, now its about getting a system down to get everyone chanting the same song.
- It was suggested that we take up the first two rows of the stands to make it easy for everyone to pick up the songs.
- DBG has a bullhorn but its a small one and not that loud.

More ideas:
- Moving the drums / cutting down on drums.
- Jonathan V. has some white boards that we can use to write chants on and use like a cue cards.
- Print more song sheets and pass them out.

I know there's more just can't think of the others right now.
Back to top Go down
scholes181818

scholes181818

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden   POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 3 Empty5/21/2012, 11:55 am

I thought it was fantastic. Best overall atmosphere of any game in a while. This is going to be a fruitful relationship between the Inferno and the Guardians.
Back to top Go down
Parrish

Parrish

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden   POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 3 Empty5/21/2012, 12:26 pm

My suggestion: Embrace chaos. Get comfortable with the occassional hiccup as a cost of doing business. They aren't using whiteboards in DC or Toronto, and the varying groups manage to communicate there.

I'm still not sure I follow what Andre is saying, but it sounds like you're thinking about taking up two rows in two sections instead of six rows in one section. This makes no sense to me. Yes, it would make it easier to coordinate with the other group, but it would become more difficult to communicate within the group.

So far, we've done this once and it worked well. No changes need to be made, the kinks will work themselves out with practice.
Back to top Go down
Keylock25

Keylock25

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden   POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 3 Empty5/21/2012, 12:56 pm

I do like the idea of a capo. We had problems with tempo this past game I believe a capo could solve the tempo issues.

I think the bookend SG's will be the way to go as we got the people in the middle to join in with us.
Back to top Go down
GraceTX

GraceTX

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden   POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 3 Empty5/21/2012, 1:16 pm

I don't think reducing the drums is the way to go. The problem with the drums isn't that there are too many of them, it's that the people who are playing them are not coordinated with each other. I kept looking down to the other end to try to match up to the beats by sight, but I could only see one drummer who seemed to be doing their own thing. I talked to Caycee during halftime and she picked up her drum so I could see it in the second half.

I talked to the Dallas Beer Guardians after the game and we're going to try to set up some kind of drumming/chant leader practice so we can learn each other's cheers and drumming beats. The way we do "We Love You...We Love You...We Love You..." is totally different than Dallas Beer Guardians.

It'll get better as the season progresses.
Back to top Go down
Vash

Vash

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden   POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 3 Empty5/21/2012, 2:38 pm

Parrish wrote:
My suggestion: Embrace chaos. Get comfortable with the occassional hiccup as a cost of doing business. They aren't using whiteboards in DC or Toronto, and the varying groups manage to communicate there.

I'm still not sure I follow what Andre is saying, but it sounds like you're thinking about taking up two rows in two sections instead of six rows in one section. This makes no sense to me. Yes, it would make it easier to coordinate with the other group, but it would become more difficult to communicate within the group.

So far, we've done this once and it worked well. No changes need to be made, the kinks will work themselves out with practice.

- Not two sections but the first 2 row in each section.
- True they don't use whiteboards but it was idea put out there.
- We have even talked about walkie-talkie's.

But like you and Brenda said practice will help workout the kinks.
Back to top Go down
gwar0127

gwar0127

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden   POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 3 Empty5/21/2012, 8:38 pm

Sam's Army and American Outlaws was able to coordinate an entire end zone at Red Bull Arena (three sections, 1,000 people) with a single song leader at the front on a stand using a battery-powered bull horn. No whiteboards, no walkie-talkies. Song sheets will work effectively, since a fair amount of people in the Beer Garden aren't that familiar with the Inferno songs yet.

A pre-owned band leader stand can be found (although I think they're still expensive) and the FO is willing to let us use one if we can get one, but since they won't allow us to use a bull horn, I'm not sure exactly how we can resolve the traveling sound problem.
Back to top Go down
Hammer

Hammer

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden   POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 3 Empty5/21/2012, 10:03 pm

We used a bullhorn for the first couple if games in 2011 and the FO had no
Problem with it... Until I cussed out a ref using it. Just use common sense , avoid bad language on the bullhorn and they will allow it.

We are going to get one for 101 so the library can start to join in. Members if the DFE have said they want to chant to but can't hear what my feeble old voice is attempting to yell. Bullhorn is the answer for 101-103 and if Inferno uses one facing west then that will carry to the rest of the BG and to us in 101. Then we can all be on the same page like Chinese whispers only louder.
Back to top Go down
gwar0127

gwar0127

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden   POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 3 Empty5/22/2012, 3:40 am

Hammer wrote:
We used a bullhorn for the first couple if games in 2011 and the FO had no
Problem with it... Until I cussed out a ref using it. Just use common sense , avoid bad language on the bullhorn and they will allow it.

We asked the FO before the 2012 season began if we could use a bullhorn and they said no... just sayin'.
Back to top Go down
Parrish

Parrish

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden   POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 3 Empty5/22/2012, 4:45 am

We talking about practice. Remember that the next home game is Open Cup on a weeknight. It'll be a small crowd, so plenty of opportunity to work on things.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden   POLL:  Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

POLL: Should the Inferno Move to the Beer Garden
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next